Now, We're Alive, Chapter Six

((Warning!: Sexual Reference xD  cause they deserve some fun))

I wake up to strong arms around my body. I smile and kiss America gently, and stand up. I look at him and remember the boy he showed me a year ago, dying on the path, but as I look him up and down now, I know he's okay.

Even when he sleeps, he's beautiful. So peaceful. I walk downstairs and brew some tea for myself, but start a coffee for America, knowing he'll wake up from my absence soon. Just when I get myself a nice cup of tea, I'm embraced from the back and nearly drop my glass.

"Oi, give me a warning next time," I say and put my cup on it's sauser.

I turn and face my usually energetic, but tired at the moment, lover. I chuckle at how cute he is when he's sleepy and peck him on the cheek. I hug him around his neck and he smiles.

"G'morning babe," America says through a yawn.

"Morning. I made you some coffee, black, how you like it."

"Thanks, I need something to wake me up."

I slip away from him and take my tea to the table. I sit down and take a sip, enjoying the wonderful taste that fills my mouth... But it's not the same as the better taste that comes from America. I blush and focus on the leaves that swirl in my tea.

America sits next to me with his mug that says "#1 Boyfriend" and holds my hand under the table. I roll my eyes but smile and hold it back. He's so sweet in the morning because he's tired, but he's a bitch at night. Always wanting to top. Why can't I be dominant sometimes? I was a bloody pirate for God's sakes!

... Good thing he gave in last night.

"How's the bum, love?"

He laughs, and squeezes my hand. He shrugs, which means he needs aspirin but he doesn't want to admit it. I sip my tea again and get up, letting go of his hand. I come back with the bottle of ibuprofen.

"Take two every five hours if it still hurts," I say.

"I don't need it."

"Oh really? Would you like me to check? If it's red, I top again tonight."

I chuckle as he nods no fearfully and takes what he needs. We leave the bottle on the table for later.

Once we finish our morning beverages, I drag America to the couch and lay him on his stomach. I sit on his butt and rub his back. He sighs quietly and gets comfortable with it fast. After a few minutes, I start to feel him becoming much less tense. I look at him and he's asleep.

I sigh and lay on him. I think about what we experienced together last year. He watched me snort drugs and have a seasure on the dance floor. He watched me die. I watched him vomit after eating and bleed to death in the snow. I watched him die.

Through Heaven and through Hell we stuck together. We had our first kiss under the moonlight on my porch. We had our first time when I caught him in the shower. I found my first love in the field, a little colony. He grew to become who he his... And that's okay. He came after he died, he came after he starved and his organs failed in front of a store. That's all okay now.

Everything is okay, because now, we're alive.