A Trip to the Beach (ch. 3 Ainsley's POV)

I woke up this morning with tears that filled my eyes as I thought about my dog Jasper. 'I really hope he's going to be okay...I don't want to lose the thing I love most.' My mom heard me crying from downstairs, so she came up to my room and she sat beside me on my bed to comfort me.
"It's okay sweetie. The vet told me that there is nothing wrong with Jaz." My mom says as she lifts my chin up gently with her hand and wipes the tears from my cheeks.
"They will take perfect care of him to make sure that he will be okay. Trust me." My mom reassures me as she kisses my forehead. I look back at her with a slight smile as my eyes sparkled in the light.
"I have to head off to work now. I will keep you updated on Jasper on my lunch break, okay sweetie? Be good and if there are any emergencies, feel free to contact grandma and grandpa."
"Yes Mom, I will. Don't worry." I say as another tear rolls down my cheek.
I calm down slowly and start to think about Mark to get my mind off Jaz. I didn't want Mark to see me crying if he decides to Skype call me again. It would be embarrassing. God, I look like a fricken mess. I need to clean up and get ready for the day. Its a good thing I have my own washroom next to my bedroom, that way I won't have to wait for my mom, since she likes to take forever in the washroom. I take a quick shower, and do my washroom routine. Fuck, I need to do laundry before I go anywhere. While I'm waiting for my laundry to finish up, I get a phone call from Riley.

"Heeey girl! How are you?"
"Hey Riley. I'm alright, I guess. My dog Jasper is at the vet today. He is very ill, and he's going to be there for the next day or two."
"Awwe hun-bun. I hope he feels better soon."
"I hope so too. I miss him already."
"But anyways, are you doing anything today?"
"No, not really. What do you have in mind?"
"I was thinking maybe taking a day trip to the beach in Los Angeles."
That sounded like a lot of fun.
"Ya sure. I can't wait. But how are we going to get there?"
"My mom said she will drive us there. You will love the beach we are going to. I have a feeling you might recognize it. Anyways, I have to get ready. We will come pick you up around noon. See you soon darling!"
"Okay, Bye Riley."

What beach could she possibly be talking about?? The only beach I know of in Los Angeles is Long Beach, and I've only been there once before with my mom and grandparents back when I was seven. Then I thought about it for awhile. 'Wait. Los Angeles. Markiplier. Long Beach. Oh. My. God! That's the beach Mark goes to in the summer! Maybe today I I just might get to meet him in person. I am so excited. I really hope Mark is going to be there. Wait. What day is it? Mark only goes to the beach on Tuesdays and Thursdays.' I wonder, as I go to check the calendar. "Yes! Its Thursday!" I start fangirling and squealing like a mouse, when suddenly my phone starts vibrating. Mom is calling me. I answer it.

"Hey Mom."
"Hey sweetheart. How are you doing?"
"Pretty good. Any updates on Jasper yet?"
"I did get a short phone call from the vet earlier. They said that he is doing well and he just needs another day or two to recover fully. Other than that, he will be okay."
"Are you doing anything today hun?"
"Yeah, Riley invited me tongontonthe beach with her. She should be here soon."
"Alright, well, my lunch break is over. I'm going back to work. Have fun with Riley. Make sure your chores are done. Be safe."
"Okay. I will. Bye Mom. See you when you get home. Love you."

Riley and her mom Theresa pull up into the driveway just as I hang up. She walks up to my door and knocks loudly. The door swings open as she gives me the buggest hug ever.
"Hey girl. Are you ready to go to the beach?" She asks with a smile on her face.
"I am so ready. Just let me go grab my keys, and my purse."
"Yeah okay. I'll just be waiting in the car."
Riley then gives me another hug as she heads towards the jeep. I follow behind her seconds later as I lock the door behind me. I hop into the jeep and sit next to Riley. She and I chat up a storm as we make our way to the beach.