Medin Collier and the Beastly Feast

Medin panted as he fled the cave. His thick coat hung off of his yellow tinted shoulders in an uncomfortable position. His family was dead by the Frosty giants that inhabited Pluto. His purple eyes darted across the hazy horizon. The bloody dagger in his hand glinted as the giant creature followed him in close pursuit, its beady red eyes glared in what one could only assume to be hatred.

            It flung the severed head of Medin’s mother at the 17 year old coward. The projectile hit its mark, causing him to trip and fall on his face. The bony head had broken in half, also causing a great deal of pain to only surviving member of the Collier family as it broke his leg. “Oh god. I don’t wanna die!” he whimpered as he attempted to drag his bleeding, sore body forward.

            The massive beast grabbed the fluffy jacket off of the cowering, frail body of the man-child. It growled and lifted him by his long black hair in a more than unpleasant manner, only to throw him against the icy, jagged, and rather red-tinted wall. The knife fell to lie uselessly on the ground, much like the boy who had been holding it.

            His face paled as the troll roared in victory, believing its quarry to be dead. Medin breathed in shallowly, but he was heard and the troll jerked his body to face its terrified victim. With a now angry growl, it bared the glistening red teeth housed in the carnivorous mouth, and rushed the boy.

            Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, the blade was in just the right place, so that the troll stepped on it, causing his massive, heavy feet to gush crimson. With a howl of pain, the brute fell on top of Medin heavily. The frosty fiend tore one of Medin’s arms back and popped the joint out of place.

            Medin bawled in agony as his muscle strained under the flesh and ripped, making a gruesome noise from inside the body. With the massive strength the cold hearted monster possessed, it ripped the limb off, leaving the frayed bits of muscle, flesh, and tissue bleeding tremendous torrents of scarlet plasma from the sobbing boy.

            The beast bit down harshly, hungrily on the severed appendage. As its mouth pulled away, it made a squelching noise as the still warm blood stained the coarse white fur around the evil lips burgundy. He sat atop his prey, having long ago learned that the meat tasted better fresh from the living.

            Medin whimpered in pain, and retched at the sound of the wet crunching as the being feasted on his flesh. The leviathan finished the arm rapidly, and went back for seconds. The gigantic clawed hands stripped the frayed shirt from Medin, and then the skin was ripped and peeled off of his back. As the creature feasted on his body, Medin faded in and out of consciousness, having long since lost the energy to scream.

            The beast tore the hide, muscles, sinew, and bones from the dying child as it ravenously fed. With one more muscle pilfered, Medin Collier closed his eyes for the last time as the beast continued to feast.