P A R T ♡ T W O

P A R T    T W O

New Faces & Greyson Locke

MEETING new people had never been my forté.

Most of the time it was an awkward greeting, side-hug and that was the end of it. However, as the wheels of a suitcase were pulled across the gravel of our driveway, I knew it was going to be a lot harder this time.

I would have to live with this stranger for the next few months, so a good impression would do me a lot of good.

There were two knocks at the door, before a third was even possible Mom had pulled the door open with a comedic smile on her face. I could tell it was a nervous smile, even from my position on the staircase. I suppose it wasn't her forté either.

Behind the door stood a tall, bulky man. I couldn't see his face or his features from where I was standing, but I could hear his low, almost husky voice. He sounded younger than I had expected.

Were my parents sure this was a good idea?

"Come in, come in," Mom ushered, reaching her hand out to grab his suitcase.

"I've got it. Thanks." The voice spoke again as he took a step inside our house. The hallway was dim, but that didn't stop me from sucking in a breath when my eyes landed on my supposed bodyguard.

He was breathtakingly attractive and I suddenly felt insecure in my PJ bottoms and tank top. 

He was well-built with an athletic build. The slightly tanned skin on his biceps were painted with tattoos; adding to his masculinity. Piercing blue eyes stared back at me with an unreadable expression. He had small stubble washed across his sharp jaw and rosy pink lips that parted to greet me.

I snapped out of my daze, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks. Had I been staring?

He extended his hand to me and I placed my now seemingly tiny one in his to shake it. With a small, half-grin, he spoke, "You must be Sofia. I'm Greyson."

I nodded my head and quickly placed my hand inside my pocket, trying to avoid eye contact with him to prevent any more blushing. I had always gotten embarrassed easily, especially around guys. Guys that looked anything like this, that was.

Dad cleared his throat. I hadn't even noticed him standing behind Mom until he spoke. "Well, Greyson, we appreciate your service. Sofia will show you to your bedroom, won't you, honey?"

I nodded but kept quiet. I had survived the first interaction with my bodyguard. Now just a few more months to go before life would be back to normal. 

Kind of.