Chapter 3-Christmas

I wake up at about 7:00am and started to get ready for school. It was the last day now before we break up for the hoildays. School had been alright but I've only just been here for a few days so not quite used to it. As much as this sounds very weird I actually wish it wasn't the holidays. School kind of takes my mind off things. I try to forget but it's not possible really, is it? I get in the taxi and it takes me to school, its the same person everyday so its alright. I get there and eat breakfast with some hot chocolate.
"Hey."
I turn around to see my bestie. I give her a big hug.
"Cant believe its nearly Christmas!" She dances around excitably. I laugh at her then return to silence. I really don't want to talk about this. She turns round and sees the expression on my face. She stops and says she is sorry. She gives me another hug. She knows everything that has happened because our families are very close. We go into class and basically do nothing all day. When it gets to home time, I feel awful. Though I do see my parents tonight so I try to cheer up. I get in the taxi and half an hour we are at the Albany Family Centre. To be honest, it really gives me the creeps. I don't really know why, its just creepy. Todays the day I just see my mum. I see her, run up, and give her a hug. The next hour is quite fun. Although we do have to be supervised, people just watch us and I hate it. There is some nice people, a blonde one called Lisa is really nice. Another I can't even remember her name, I really don't like her. She was really snobby. Time passes quickly and I have to go back. I cry as I wave goodbye to my mum. I don't want to leave.

School goes past quickly and the next few days are a whizz. I see my mum and dad most of the week but only for a couple of hours. Its nearly Christmas now only a few days left but I don't really know if I'm looking forward to it. I mean I know its only Christmas, presents and everything but I'm even going to be with my family! I really just want to go home.

Wow. Its Christmas tomorrow. Somehow it seems like I'm stuck in a dream. I cant understand why I'm here. I just want to wake up in my bed at home. And I mean my home. Not here. Not at Nancy's house where I feel all alone with nobody to talk to. I bite my nail, it comes clean off and my finger starts to bleed. I sigh. I don't know what's wrong with me, I mean I never bite my nails. NEVER. Every other little kid like me will be jumping up and down being really excited for tomorrow. But I look like my pet hamster just got run over! Or something like that.
-------
Christmas day was ok. I got up at about 8:00am and went downstairs. There was lots of presents all around the tree. I didn't expect anything from the people here, I mean I hardly knew them. But nevertheless I got a lot of gifts. I mean a lot. Not just from Nancy and David though , a lot of my family. That put a smile on my face. For the rest of the day I tried to forget about everything that had happened, where I was. I just pretend that everything was fine. But I knew it wasn't. I just knew.