Chapter 2

I know I might be crazy for saying this, but I'm so happy! I already have 17 reads in TWO days!!!! haha I guess that just blows my mind.... But yeah, thanks for reading this guys!! I really appreciate it!

But yeah, so here is the next chapter, I hope it's a lot more exciting than the last one! It should be!

--------------------------------------------------------

**That Fall**

My plane just landed ten minutes ago and now I am trying to find my way out to get to the school.

After I struggled for about 30 minutes to get out of the massive airport, I finally made it and I am now sitting in a taxi on my way to NYFA.

I am beyond excited. As soon as I get there I get to meet my roommate and see my dorm room. My classes don't start for another week, so I have plenty of time to set my room up and look around the city.

"We're here ma'am." The taxi driver pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, thank you." I handed him the money and climbed out with all my luggage. It is time to meet my future home. Here we go.

I slowly walked towards my dorm, which I had walked to multiple times through google maps. I turned down the streets that I had memorized over a month ago. Eventually I was standing in front of the steps to my dorm. I walked in and made my way to room 207. The second floor. Good, I don't like stairs. Before I could open the door a girl threw the door open and ran out. She looked at me and started screaming.

"OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! ARE YOU MY NEW ROOMIE??!?" She had bleach blonde hair and was wearing a pair of baggy sweatpants and black cami. "Oh!! My names Alyssa by the way!!! It's so good to meet you!!" I smiled and tried to get myself to say something.

"Uhh, h-hey, I'm Autumn."

Smooth.

"Hi Autumn! Let me help you with your stuff!" Before I could protest she had practically every bag in her arms, all I was holding was my purse and my pillow.

"Okay, this will be your bed, and I'm sorry Autumn, but I have to go now, I have to meet a couple of friends for lunch, but I'll be back in a while." She was looking at me waiting for a reply.

"Alright, that's fine, I'll just unpack while you're gone."

"Okay, I'll see you later! Bye!" She locked the door behind her and I sighed. I have to admit, I'm kind of glad she left, she was stressing me out. Is she always that hyper? I hope not..

*****

Well, I've changed my mind. After making my bed and hanging up a few shirts I lost all motivation to unpack, so I decided to go out and find something to eat.

I walked around campus until I found the cafeteria. I found a nice pizza place in there and got a slice of cheese pizza. As I was eating I saw a bulletin board with a bunch of papers stuck on it. I walked up to the board and scanned across all the reminders of some play at the theatre tomorrow and apartment openings. I saw a simple white paper that said, "Receptionist needed at Mercy Hospital." I grabbed it without reading the rest and shoved it into my pocket.

When my dad told me about his pay drop I knew I'd have to get a job. And being a receptionist doesn't sound too bad. All I'd have to do is answer phones and stuff. I decided I would call them as soon as I got back to my room.

As I was walking it just started pouring randomly. I ended up running all the way back to my dorm. I am not used to rain. In Arizona it doesn't rain very often. As you can imagine. It is the desert.