Chapter 2

We train for about three hours more, then he finally gives me a break. We plop down on the couch in the corner of the training room, chugging down water.

"Josh?"

"Yeah?" He answers, his eyes closed with fatigue.

I hesitate a little before asking the question that's bugging me so much.

"Do you actually love me? Or are you using me to help you get revenge?"

His eyes open slowly, and he stares at the ceiling. He inhales deeply and turns his head to me slowly. He gives me a timid smile and even chuckles a little.

"Jennifer. I've loved you since we filmed The Hunger Games. I've loved you since I laid eyes on you. What makes you think I'll stop loving you now?" He says.

I let out a short laugh of relief.

"I don't know. Sometimes I feel like you've lost that love for me. You're so caught up in killing this guy. It makes me wonder if I've lost a place in your mind." I admit.

He comes closer to me, wrapping one arm around my waist and the other resting on my thighs. He looks at me with such love and immensity.

"You haven't lost a place in my mind, and you never will. Ever. I love you more than life itself and no one will ever replace you. I love you." He says, kissing me passionately afterwards.

He swipes his tongue softly across my lower lip, begging for entrance, so I let him in. He explores the inside of my mouth, deepening the kiss by each movement of his tongue.

He pulls away after a while, and he presses his forehead against mine. He stares into my eyes for a long time, and collides his nose with mine, giving me an Eskimo kiss.

"You know, for a very violent man like you, you can be so romantic and soft." I laugh.

"I'm sorry I pulled you into this, Jen. Right now is your chance to back out, and let me do this on my own, or join me and help me get revenge. What's your choice?"

I feel like he drops and ultimatum on me. Betray him and let him murder someone, and lose his love, or join him in murdering someone. A human being. A breathing, loving person.

I hesitate for a while before answering.

"I'll join you Josh. Only because I love you. And I won't let you do this on your own. If you get caught and go to jail, I'm going down with you."

He smiles and kisses me again.

What have I gotten myself into?