Chapter 3

I literally run out of Starbucks and into my car, almost dropping mine and Josh's drinks. Fucking paparazzi. I set the drinks down next to me and buckle myself in. As i start the engine, i see about ten more people running towards me. "Fuck!" I whisper to myself. I close my door and drive off.

I turn up the music in my car, jamming out to "Smoke Two Joints" by Sublime. "Smoke two joints before i smoke two joints, and then i smoke two more!" A smile creeps onto my face. I haven't been this happy in a long time. The ringing of my phone almost makes me crash.

"Hello?!"

"Jen!"

I can tell it's Josh in a heartbeat.

"Yesss? I'm almost home, paparazzi kept me up, sorry."

"No i'm not worried about the coffee, i'm worried about the headlines on the news! You seriously need to cover up those bruises Jennifer. People are gonna think i'm abusing you!"

I literally cannot form words. What is he talking about?

"What?! I'm wearing a long sleeve, it's like 70 degrees out here." Which is weird, since we live in LA, where it's rarely ever below 85.

"I don't know what's going on Jen, but we need to clear this up as soon as possible." He states.

"Well I have no clue how they saw my training bruises. We can call my publicist when I get home."

Josh doesn't even say goodbye. He hangs up with a grunt. He's so caught up with this whole situation about his father, he can't even think straight. Does he realize that what we're doing can get us life in prison? That we'll crush all of our fans hearts?

I pull up on the driveway and turn the engine off. I grab the coffee and my purse and head into the house.

"Josh! I'm home!" I yell as i set my keys and coffee on the counter. I can hear him rapidly descend down the stairs.

"You asked for a caramel frapp with no whip cream right?" He asks eagerly.

"Babe, I've been buying you this drink for two years, of course I did." I say as I pull him in for a kiss. He starts laughing and takes a sip from his coffee.

"So? You're gonna make that important call right now, aren't you?!" Josh says. I roll my eyes and grunt. "Yes Joshua. I am."

I pull out my black iPhone and unlock it. I click the contacts button and scroll down to Laura's name, my publicist. It rings about four times before she finally picks up.

"What do you need Jen?" She asks as soon as she picks up. "Well hello to you too Laura!" I say while laughing.

"I am a very busy woman, Jennifer! Is there something you need?"

"Yes. And it's VERY important." I emphasize on the 'very' part. "I need you to clear up all this drama about Josh abusing me. We all know that's absurd. Schedule an interview or something, I don't know. Just clear this up." I ask.

"I'll see what I can do. And Jen, please stay out of the streets. Paparazzi have eaten you alive enough." She says before she hangs up.

As I turn to look at Josh, he's already in gym clothes. "Ready to train?!"

I sigh loudly and slump my shoulders. Why must I have a boyfriend who eagerly wants to murder a human being, and why am I going along with it?!

(A/N): Sorry for not updating in a whileeeeee! I didn't think anyone was interested, until I saw that I had 55 reads. Thanks so much!