Cherry Bomb- Part 2

Cherry Bomb- 

Part 2 

Could this get any worse?" Kylee mumbled. 

"Yes" Payton said. 

"Shut up!" Kylee whined and joking slapped Payton. 

"Sorry, but it could" Payton shrugged. 

"Yeah, I know. But this is pretty bad" Kylee sighed as she held an ice pack closer to her face.  

They both played the scene from today over and over again in their heads as they waited for the nurse to come back with some pain meds. 

(FLASHBACK- earlier that day) 

Kylee and Payton quickly scurried to the bathroom after class to avoid the popular girls. They made it safely to the old, run down, bathroom that no one uses anymore. They where nearly in tears after holding it together through first period. Payton excused herself to go in to the stall. Kylee waited patiently, then heard Payton snap her case off her iPod. 

"NO!" Kylee shrieked.  

She knew what Payton was doing, she hid her favorite razors in the back of her iPod.  

"I'm sorry" Payton said through the door, then kylee saw drops of blood splash on the floor. 

"No, no, no" Kylee pressed her hands tightly to her face. 

Payton came out a moment later and hugged kylee. They decided to skip 3rd period gym and stay in the bathroom because it has a lock on the door and they really don't want to go to class. After a few minutes of silence, someone banged on the locked door. The girls looked at each other in panic. The both knew that the lock is loose and will open easily if you jiggle the door enough. Payton inched further away from the door, in fear of a teacher catching them or a student..  

A lightbulb may as well have gone off right above Kylee's head . She suddenly had a great idea. Payton saw the smile spread across her face and motioned for to say what was on her mind.  

Kylee raised her hand and pointed to the window just above them. Payton lowered herself to the ground let kylee use her back as a stepping stool to reach the window. The door burst open just as kylee heaved herself out the window. Payton jumped and tried to pull herself through. Kylee was telling for her to hurry, then she was the top half of her appear in the window. Payton was about to put one foot over the edge, but someone grabbed her shirt and yanked her back in the building. 

Fear for her best friend pulsed through kylees veins. Her voice seemed to be gone as she tried to scream for help, no one would be able to hear anyways because the whole school is in 3rd period which is housed across campus. She ran up the steps and was about to turn the corner to reach the bathroom when a pair of hands grabbed her. The person was pretty strong, but Kylee began to panic in need to get away and hit them with all her might. She thrashed around in attempt to get away, but the person slammed the side of her head in to the ground and dug their nails in to her arms. She felt her foot hit something soft and realized it was the persons cheek, she had kicked them right next to their nose that was now bleeding. The girl let go to hold her face, that's when Kylee realized it was Krissy. 

Fuck.  

That means the person in the bathroom with Payton is.. Ali.  

Kylee booked it down the hall and reached the bathroom door as she heard her best friend scream. Kylee pushed the door open and saw Payton lying on the ground. Ali scurried out of the bathroom and over the Krissy who was sitting on the ground with a bloody nose from kylees foot.  

Kylee leaned down over Payton's body and helped her up.  

"What happened? Are you ok?" She asked anxiously. 

"Your arms bleeding" Payton pointed out.  

"I don't care. Are you ok?" Kylee asked again. 

"Yeah. She just cut my arm after she found me with my razor.." Payton mumbled.  

They helped each other up and hobbled to nurse as quickly as possible, holding back tears yet again.