Chapter 1

"BRI, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" My mother screams, "Yes?" I reply politely knowing if I don't I'll get hit. I rush downstairs only to see a big mess where she dropped a glass container of pasta sauce. "CLEAN IT." she says harshly, so I clean it. "I'm leaving to Colorado for a few weeks here's $200 this might cover food and stuff like that." She hands me an envelope as I look up from the remaining glass and spots of blood from my bleeding hands. I take it and put it in my back pocket irritated because whenever things get hard for her she just leaves. I can't stay with my dad either because he's in Greece with my little brothers. "Umm.... Aren't you going to say something my cab picks me up in 25 minutes and my bags are already downstairs so carry them outside." she snarls. "Yes Ma'am" I respond with a sarcastic smile. "What abo-" she cuts me off, "GO DO IT!" she screams. I begin to carry her bags outside and she hands me a bulk of papers when I sit the bags down. I'm careful to not get any blood on the papers and I start reading." Find somebody who actually gives a fuck about you because I'm done with you." I stare at her, my face flushed in anger. THEY'RE ADOPTION PAPERS! "REALLY?" I finally snap, "YOU'RE DONE WITH ME AFTER I TRY SO HARD TO BE FUCKING NICE TO YOU BITCH!?" I'm met with a slap to my face. "FUCK YOU BITCH!" I scream and run upstairs to my room. "HOW ABOUT YOU SLIT YOUR FUCKING WRIST AND EVERYONE WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT YOU!" she screams after me. I'm in my room and call Zach, my boyfriend, sobbing hysterically. "Babe what's wrong?" he says concerned. "IT'S HER" I scream. "Babe calm down tell me what's wrong," She's leaving again and handed me adoption papers I-I-I just can't do it!" I beg and sob harder than before."Okay, my dad and I are coming. We'll be there in a few minutes. I love you!" he says and hangs up. I have a shard of glass in my pocket and stare at it. I try to talk myself out of it, but blood is running down my arm. STOP. I tell myself. and I run to the bathroom to wash it. Get yourself together I tell myself and I instantly break down. I pierce music throughout the room trying to drown how I feel inside. I hear someone walking upstairs. It's Zach. He opens my door and embraces me in his arms. He kisses my head and whispers he loves me in my ear. I kiss him back and I sob burring my head into his chest. He caresses my head until I calm down and we just sit there until I'm able to talk.