Chapter 3

Liam's P.O.V. 

"Uh sir will still be able to go to football practice right after school?" I asked. "Well you are going to have to work that out with Ms. Huntly." Mr. W told me.  "OK." I said a bit relieved and worried at the same time. "Well that's all I have, you two start today. So I know that you two have been working, I need a teacher's signature on the date you two worked. Preferably Ms. Bree but if she isn't here then ask another teacher." He informed us. "OK, thanks Mr. Webster." Aspen said over sarcastically. "Liam you can leave. Aspen I need to talk to you." I left the room. I eavesdropped though. "Aspen," I heard Mr. Webster say. "I know it has been hard since your Dad left and your Mum never being home, but at least try." He told her. "Did you even ask Liam why I hit him?" Aspen asked in a clearly irritated tone. "No..." He responded. "I hit him because I told him to get off my locker and he did. Then he asked my why I didn't like him. I told him the flat out truth. He didn't like it. Then proceeded to saying he had a Dad. HE HAS NO FRICKING CLUE HOW HARD IT IS TO HAVE TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY EVEN THOUGH MY MUM WORKS BASICALLY 24/7 AND MY SIBLINGS ARE TOO YOUNG TO. HE HAS. NO. IDEA. No idea." Then she broke and I heard sobbing. Louis must have heard it too and he burst in there. Then he walked out with a crying Aspen. Kylie then walked over. "I hope you're happy Liam. You broke Aspen. You have no clue how hard her life is. So sit down, and shut the fuck up. Listen and listen good. I have no problem sending your ass out in a body bag. Seriously. She has to work for everything. I have to sneak her food from my house because her Mum can't afford it. I bet you didn't know that. Hmm?" She stared at me. I nodded. "That's how strong she is. Louis and I are the only one's there for her. She never even led on the fact that she was starving at home. The fact that she has been working 2 jobs just to fix her vehicle that she saved up for since she was 10, pay her phone bill, and help her Mum out with the bills. You. Have. No. Fucking. Clue. My parents don't even want me hanging out with her because she has no Dad." Then she walked away. All these years I picked on Aspen I had no clue that she had it this hard. I felt terrible. I ran after Aspen. I caught up to her, Lou, and Kylie. I tapped on Louis shoulder. He turned and gave me a glare. "What the hell do you want Liam?" He asked with a bit of a snarl to his voice. "I want to talk to Aspen." I told him. Not even lying one bit. I really do want to apologise. "Fine." He whispered in Aspen's ear. She turned around. For the first time I realized how beautiful she actually was. Even through her smeared make-up bruised eye, and messed up hair. How her soft brown eyes light up when someone talks to her. Her odd laugh. Her love for Basketball and Music. How her, Louis, and Kylie bond so well, you could probably peg them as siblings. Except for the fact that, Aspen and Kylie both have tip dyed hair. Aspen's being green and purple and Kylie's being blue and green. No. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. I CAN'T DO THIS TO MYSELF. I CAN'T LET MYSELF FALL AGAIN. I will NOT. Let myself fall for Aspen Huntly. I cannot let it happen. Because......