Chapter 6

" Kenzie? "

I wrap my arms around him and hold him tight.

I say " Im so so sorry. "

He moves a little and pats the seat next to him. I climb up and sit with him. I press the button that calls a nurse and i wipe my eyes.

He says " Where is everyone? "

I say " Connor's at home, like home home. and the rest are finshing the tour. "

He says " Why is Connor home? "

I say " Our uh our mom passed away. "

The nurse rushes in and i quickly get off the bed.

She says " Glad to see you awake Mr.Caylen. How do you feel? "

He says " I feel great. "

I rest my left hand on my right elbow and kinda just watch.

She says " Great! We have to run a couple of tests, then if they come out good, you should be able to go home. A doctor will be in here as soon as possible. "

She smiles, and walks away typing something on her computer. I lock eyes with Jc and smile.

He says " How are you on American Idol? "

I say " Im still in it. I havent got close to being voted off yet. Where in the part where they give us the song to sing. I dont know what part that is. "

I feel in my pocket as my phone start ringing. I pull it out and see Connor's face on the screen. I swipe it and put it to my ear.

C- Connor K- Kenzie

C- Kenzie? I thought you were coming home?

K- I am and Jc is coming with me.

C- He's awake?

K- Just woke up actually.

I step out into the hallway and shut the door, kinda just leaving Jc by his self.

C- Is he okay?

K- I dont know, the doctor hasnt been in yet.

C- Are you okay?

K- I dont know to be happy or sad. This happened because of me.

C- No, it happened because we care for you Kenz.

I watch as a doctor knocks on the door next to me.

K- I gotta go a doctor is here. We will be there in about two days, if everything goes well. I love you Con. Ill call you later and tell you whats going on.

C- Okay Kenz.

K- bye

I hang up the phone and quickly make my way back into the room. I watch As the doctor is checking him for stuff. I look around the room and spot my camera. I forgot about my camera.

I walk over to it and pick it up. I push the power button and smile to myself. I have the whole thing on camera. Ill have to ask him if i can post it. 

I walk back over to the bed and sit on my chair infront of it. 

" Okay, a doctor will be in here in a few minutes. Do you need anything before i go?"

I listen to Jc and the nurses conversation. The door shuts and i turn around to look at him. 

He says " Is everything okay with you? "

I say " Everything's great now. We just have to go deal with my mom. And everything. "

He says " If im safe to go, i promise we will go straight there. "

I say " You dont have to. You need some resting time. "

He says "Going with you, is resting. Going back to the tour wont be helpful. And plus i wanna be there with you. I know this is hard for you. I dont know how you stay so strong. "

If only he knew that honestly, im not doing this alone. I have Dylan or the other boys always there when i need it. Even Daniel is there. I always have someone there for me, and even if those two are busy, i have a army of fans that are always there. So honestly, im not the one thats keeping myself together, its everyone around me. 

I get thrown out of my thoughts as i hear a knock on the door. It soon opens and me and Jc both look at the doctor. 

" Good afternoon Mr.Caylen, your feeling well i see? "

Jc nods and the doctor moves closer to us. I step out of his way, and he nods at me. I smile and look at Jc.

"We are going to take you out to do a couple of tests and you will be right back. Ma'am please stay here. "

I meet Jc's eyes and he slowly nods at me. I watch as a nurse comes in and wheels Jc's bed out of the room. The doctor follows behind, leaving me alone. 

I quickly dial Kians number knowing he would want to know his best friend is awake. 

KL- Kian K-Kenzie

KL- Kenzie, is everything okay? 

K- Yeah, everything's great actually. 

KL- So whats up? 

K- I just thought you would want to know that Jc is awake. Hes getting some tests done now, and then if everything is good where going to see my family then come back with you guys. 

KL- Jc is awake! Keep me updated alright. 

K- Yeah of course. 

KL- How are you doing? 

K- Im okay. I just gotta get through life day by day. How are you?

KL- Im great. I gotta go, im about to go on stage. Ill see you soon okay? 

K- Okay Kian, tell the others hi.

KL- i sefljsdnblflovedkbg xfyouydn 

K- Bye! 

I hang the phone up and slowly sit in a chair and wait for them to bring Jc back.