Finding The Truth

Part 1-

Savannah’s P.O.V.

The beating in my chest became quicker as the footsteps got closer to my hiding spot. The seeker was someone that I didn’t really want to see at the moment, for he had taken my older sisters side in an argument between the two of us. Charlie is only a year older than me, so I had completely expected him to take my side and not Riley’s. Why would he when she picks on him twenty four seven and practically hates his guts?

“Savannah I promise, I didn’t mean to get you grounded!” The ten year olds voice was filled with distress and pain, enough for me to be sure that he was really telling the truth. Besides, it never was in his nature to lie to me. He knew that I was one of the only people that would never judge him. He knew that I was one of the only people that are weirder than him, and I would be a hypocrite to judge. “Will you please come out?”

“Just give it up Charlie; she’ll never even crush on you after what you just did. She doesn’t like me, and she doesn’t like the fact that you took my side. Or did you forget?” That was a lie, I had been crushing on Charlie for years, but I had never expected anything to come out of it. I always thought of it as a little girls crush, and that it would go away. The second part wasn’t a lie; I’m not a big fan of my sister and never have been. She thinks she’s better than everyone else and she’s really not. Of course they are working together to find me. Perfect.

“I already apologized, Riley.” His soft voice had suddenly become dense and almost scary. “I didn’t mean to take your side, it just happened.” Charlie had never talked to me like that, nor do I think he will ever talk to me like that.

“Well, you’re still too young to understand this, but please listen to me.” My sister pause, and I guess that Charlie must have nodded because she went on. “Behind every lie is a little truth, and behind every truth is a little lie. Behind every ‘just kidding’ is a little truth. Behind every ‘no offence’ is some intended offence. Behind every hate is a little love and behind every little love is a little hate. Behind every choice is a little purpose.” They both fell quiet and I tried to make my breath shorter and calmer so that my hiding spot wasn’t given out to either of them. “You took my side for a reason, so before you apologize to her, make sure you know why you sided against her.”

My body jerked up and my eyes flickered straight ahead, so I faced myself. My wavy blonde hair put up into a messy blonde bun. My green eyes were tired, bags resting under each of them and crust hanging off of my lids. If my room wasn’t pitch black, I would surely se the puffiness of my eyes and even the light shade of pink that would have resulted from crying in my sleep. It’s not the most uncommon thing in the world for me to do, not when I have dreams about growing up and my ex-best friend Charlie. Those were the good days. Everything was okay then. No, everything was perfect then.

(A/N Hi Guyyss! I know that this part is extremly, extremely short... this was just meant to get you hooked and act as an introduction! Hope you like iitttt!!!!)