Chapter 2

*Savannahs POV*

School has never been my favorite place to be. So many people in a confined space moving from one room of hell to the next isn’t my definition of fun by any stretch of the imagination. I skip at least a day or two every week for a little “me” time. It’s Monday, my normal ditch day, but for some reason I decided to come today. As soon as I walk through the doors I immediately regret it.

“Did you hear?! He’s come back! I can’t believe he’s coming back here!”

“Are you serious? I thought he was still on tour!”

“AH! I’m so excited! I think he is staying till he graduates!”

It takes me all of three seconds to know what and who they are taking about. I had hoped the last time he left he would stay away. Guess I’m not that lucky. I think about tuning around and leaving when I get tackled from behind.

“I can’t believe you’re here! Are you sick? You do realize it’s Monday don’t you? How was your weekend?”

So many questions just got dumped on me I had to take a minute.

“You do realize that it’s only 7 am and so far my day has been a piece of sh…”

“Let’s not use those words Savannah. So far your day has not been living up to you expectations.” She flashes me that dorky grin that she always gives me when I’m grumpy. I don’t know why she hangs around me but she always does and that’s why she is my best friend. She flips her long wavy red hair over her shoulder and starts listening into the conversation I was hearing earlier.

“I’m sorry Bella; it just hasn’t been the best day so far. No I’m not sick… I don’t think. I do understand it’s a Monday and no I won’t be here next Monday. My weekend was just like any other. How about you? Do anything fun… with your boyfriend?” I always hesitate bring up her boyfriend never knowing if they had a good or bad weekend. Honestly I don’t understand why she stays with him. He’s a nice guy and all but they are so much alike. I’m convinced that if I locked them in a room together for three days they would either come out married or one of them would be dead. Not sure which one would die but if I had to bet I would say Jake would be the dead man.

Looking me dead in the eye she opens her mouth “Oh Savannah when will you ever learn. There is no need to hesitate when bringing up Jake. Normally you can already tell what kind of weekend it was for us based on how I act. But if you must know it was a good weekend. We went paintballing. I totally won no matter what he tells you.” As if on cue Jake walks up behind Bella and grabs her around her waist.

“Don’t listen to her Savannah. We all know she is the worst shot ever.” He winks at me before Bella has the time to turn around and slap him playfully.

“Shut up. I totally kicked your ass!” Before she has time to get another word out he kisses her, and very passionately at that. I look way not wanting to stare at their make out fest. I always feel awkward standing there being the third wheel, but I put up with it because they are the only people who put up with me. They get done and Jake turns to me.

“Savannah, I bet you heard Charlie is coming back to finish his senior year before he starts touring again. I bet you’re super excited.” Before he has time to give me that sly smile of his he finds himself with his back to a locker and my arm across his chest. Bella gasps looking from his face of astonishment to my face of anger.

“No shit I heard he’s coming back. No I’m not excited and I don’t need your sarcastic remarks to remind me. You should know better than anyone why I don’t want him to ever show his face again. So don’t bring it up EVER again. Got it?” He nods and I push myself off of him. He takes a moment to collect himself before walking back over to Bella and wrapping his arm around her waist again. Bella looks up at me concerned.