Chapter Thirteen- Love is blind

Karley

"Hey, Karley," Naomi said as she walked into my study. She looked upset and I didn't know what was wrong, since she usually didn't tell anyone what was bothering her.

"Is something?" I asked frowning as she looked at the ground and then my wall. Before sighed and opening her mouth, before closing it and opening it. "Naomi, you know you can tell me anything. Right?"

"Males are morons."

"I can agree with that."

"I wanted to ask you something," she said sitting in the chair next to my desk. Savannah and the kids were at the movies. "How did Rosa and Logan react to you? I tried asking Savannah, but she just muttered her answer."

"That's because she's embarrassed."

"Now you have to tell me."

--

"Hello, there," I said to the two, but once they looked at us. They looked at each other, their eyes going wide, before running down the hall.

I didn't mind the two being scared of me, since Savannah had told me something happened, but what did bother me was the fact that Savannah looked upset about it.

I wasn't mad at them, or upset about it, since I was like them when I was a child. Both Kelvin and I would run when we met someone we didn't know, even if they didn't talk to us. 'It must be hard for you Savannah."

'They used to love talking to people," she told me tears going down her checks. I just smiled and pulled her into a hug. "Seeing them run off like that. It must've hurt your feelings."

"Nope. Not at all, after all kids will be kids."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely," I told her a smile on my face. She told me, so I understood. "I didn't come here thinking they were going to declare their undying love for me, you know."

"I should go check on them," she said after she giggled a bit.

"Of course. Go check on them," I told her taking a seat on one of the couches in the living room. "Take as long as you need. I'm not going anywhere."

"Thank you," said a cute blush on her checks. "Thanks Karley."

--

"Now I can see why auntie didn't want to talk about it," Naomi told me while I just smiled at her. I didn't have work. While I loved my job, no one wanted to work on a Sunday. "So you didn't feel hurt or something along those lines?"

"Nope."

"That's nice of you."

"I was the same," I told her. It was simply pure understanding, since I had to go through it with my younger brother and I did it myself. "So was Kelvin. So I understood where they were coming from, even where Savannah was coming from."

"And what happened afterwards?"

"You have to tell me what happened."

"My ex won't leave me alone," Naomi told him crossing her arms and pouting. I barely knew what was going on between the two of them, but I knew that Kelvin didn't like him. "And his blaming for it. Kelvin actually punched him and I have no idea why."

"He'll have to tell you."

"I know he won't."

"You never know. He might." I knew my brother, he won't. But I'll give him a push in the right direction, but he'll have to tell her when his ready. "But then again, you might be right. You never know with that kid."