n o w

"Life moves forward. If you keep looking back, you won't be able to see where you are going."-Charles Carroll
<><><><><><><><>
N O W

I arrive on campus at around nine at night. I was so exhausted that I had barely any energy to drag all my stuff up the two flights of stairs to get to my dorm room. I open the door and set everything down on my bed. I was half asleep by the time, I made the bed. Not bothering to undress, I fell asleep the moment my head had touched the pillow.
<><><><><><><>
Ding! A message.

How are you?

I quickly reply.
Good. What about you?

I'm fine, though I'm wishing you were here. :(

It hasn't even been a whole day silly. But I miss u 2 Kyle.

I love you.

I love you too. I have to go. I need to get settled in.

K.

Turning my phone off, I unpack the rest of the boxes.

"Hey."

I turn around to see a girl with a bright yellow dress on, standing by the door.

"Oh, hi."

"My name's Emily. I'm your roommate." she says, with an outstretched hand.

I shake it. "Carter."

She smiles.

I then turn my attention to what I had started doing.

"Do you want any help?" she asks.

"Yes. That would be great. Thank you." I say.
<><><><><><><>
College. Most people have matured since the time they were in middle and high school.

"You go to Harvard?" I asked incredulously.

Spencer. My main bully. The boy who I thought would've gone to prison by now.

He shrugged. "Yeah. What happened was a long time ago, Carter. I'm sorry for all of the things I've done to you, but you shouldn't hold on to those memories forever. What I did was inexcusable, and for that I am truly sorry. What I am trying to say is, will you forgive me, Carter?"

Forgiveness. One of the hardest things to do. It takes a lot of self courage to forgive people. Something I wasn't able to do, until I met Kyle.

"Yes, Spencer. I forgive you."