Chapter 22

~Dylan's P.O.V.~

I can't the nicest guy ever got hit by a car. Everyone was crying in the waiting room. We have been here for a few hours and it was starting to get really late. I wiped my eyes and then the doctor came to us.

"You guys can go see him before you leave." Without a word Astrid bolted out of her chair and ran to his room. We thanked the doctor and ran to his room.

Astrid was holding his hand and crying. "This is all my fault. I should have told him to watch out." She muttered. "It's not your fault. Things happen. Don't put yourself down because of it." Luke rubbed her back.

I looked at my watch and sighed. "We have to go." I said. "No! I don't want to go!" Astrid protested. Luke tried picking her up but she fought him.

"Put me down! I want to be with Ashton! I did this to him. He's my brother." She broke down in the chair. "Do you want to stay here tonight?" I asked her. She nodded and I said okay.

We said goodbye and left. "Why did you let her stay?" Luke yelled at me. I had to sit in the back with him because Cal is driving and Mikey called shotgun. "Because she obviously feels bad and wants to stay with him tonight. So leave me alone. I know what I'm doing." I yelled back

He made an angry face. "You don't know what you're doing!" He yelled.

Calum whispered to Michael, "Let them yell." Michael nodded his head.

By Luke's facial expressions and the way he was acting was strange. "You're jealous!" I exclaimed. I poked his cheek and laughed. "LUCAS IS JEALOUS!" I kept poking him. He grabbed my wrists tightly. "Fine. You got me." He groaned. He let go of me and looked out the window. "Stop being so grumpy, ugly." I replied.