Unexpected Call

Levi sat in the large wooden chair, humming softly. His lungs ached as he inhaled the smoke that danced and twirled in the air before him. This was pure bliss, and he didn't want to be disturbed. Calmness overtook him slowly, causing him to sink lower into his seat. The sound of insects outside his small cozy office soothed him. Sleep was what he wanted, when he was working cases he couldn't rest for more then an hour. He jumped up startled by someone entering his domain. "Le-..." The blonde was cut short. "Eyebrows this better be fucking good." Erwin sighed. "Someone is on the phone asking for you.." The short man got up, grumbling as he exited his office. "Shitty job..." Chuckling the blonde followed.

Eren stood waiting patiently, snow drifting down to land in his unkept hair. The streetlights faint light illuminated the dark street. His knuckles were white against the shiny red of the public phone clutched to his ear. "Hello?" He asked quietly, the wind answering with a whisper. "What the hell do you want." Someone responded. Ignoring the rude remark he got to the point quickly. "My mom was murdered, I need someone to find out who killed her. That someone is you.."

The boy on the other end of the phone seemed hurt. Seemed sad and lonely and pained. So though the detective wasn't keen on the idea of a case right now, he would find out who killed Carla Yeager.