Familiar

"Adieu!"

I snapped back to reality. My teacher was glaring at me. Did I just sleep in class? Wait. Was it all a dream? Were my parents really gods?

"You've had enough sleep for today, Amano."

"Sorry, sir. I woke up too early today."

"*sigh* Well, I appreciate your effort in going to school that early. But try waking up in a bit late. It exercises your speed and alertness. Okay?"

"Yes, professor."

I glanced at Chihiro... My glasses made text appear beside him again.

"Name: Chihiro Aru
Weakness: Unkown
Time Left: 2 hours, 21 minutes, and 10 seconds.
Cause Of Death: Mutilated"

The word 'mutilated' was written in red. Gosh. He doesn't have much time.... I-

What?

"Name: Yuko Amano
Weakness: Fire/Heat
Time Left: 2 hours, 10 minutes, and 36 seconds
Cause of Death: Suffocation"

I just looked at my reflection, then this appeared. Shit. I'm gonna die earlier than Hiro.

"Alright, Class Dismissed"

"Hiro." I called out, a grim expression on my face. He's not going to like what he is going to hear.

"You look all pale and sick. Are you alright?"

"I looked at you, then text appeared beside you. It said you have 2 hours and 21 minutes left to live. Your cause of death? Mutilation."

"Hmm... Weird because messages started sending from my phone. A random number."

"Wait- Let me see." I stole his phone and saw the messages.

"< 11:32 Amano tells me about her diary. She feels scared about it. >

< 11:34 I stumble on the stairs on my way to the cafeteria >

< 11:35 Yuko helps me up. How nice of her. >

His phone buzzed, he took a peek and the messages changed.

< 11: 33 Yuko looks at me >

< 11:37 I run for my life >

"Well?" I looked at him, exactly when his phone clocked turned 11:33.

"What does your glasses say?"

"I um... Oh. Your weakness is still unkown. Time left.. shit. 10 minutes. How the fuck did that change?!"

Scared, I looked at my reflection on the window. 10 minutes and 42 seconds left... I-I don't wanna die! Shit. Shit. Shit!!!

"Hey. Watch your language!"

"Huh?! Aru! Did you hear that?!"

"Hear what?"

"That squeaky voice!"

"Wh-*chuckles*what?" he laughs at me as if Im crazy. Then a small girl popped in front of my face. She wore black clothes and has blacm hair.

"Woah. Who the hell are you?" Aru pats the creature.

"Excuse me! I am Kuroi-chan! I've been sent here by your parents to be your familiar! Well, your godly parents were too busy handling everything that exists.. So, yeah!"

"Hm? A familiar? So what are we going to do now?"

"Attention. Calling Chihiro Aru to the Principal's Office!"

"Shit. They caught me cutting classes."

"Hiro-kun! Cutting classes is bad!"

"So what are you going to do about it? Cry on it? Ha." he gives an intimidating look on Kuroi.

"This!" Kuroi punches the air, a sound of wind passing through thin air was heard. The next thing I knew was Aru holding his stomach and wincing.

"What the fuck was that for?!"

"You kids really have to stop swearing."

"Kids?! Kids?! I'm fucking 17 and I'm not some kid anymore!"

Kuroi smiled, she crossed her arms and sat on my table.

"Im just 7000 years old, thats all."