New Beginnings

Pari's POV

COLLEGE. College was one phase I was dying to go through. Trust me when I say this. I could kill to go to college. So as I say this I do not want a single being to assume that I was desperate for education. OH NO! I was desperate for freedom.

This period was supposed to give me a new identity along with an ultimate purpose. Getting out of high school (An ALL GIRLS CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL) was something I did not find applealing though. Studying in an all girls school had somehow made me afraid of the opposite gender. Do they bite? I had to wait to find out. 

'Beginnings are meant to be sweet. Do not worry about the road ahead', quoted my mom with a smile to ease my anxiety. If anxiety could be recorded on a scale from 1-10, I was a 20. All of a sudden I refused to go to college. I was sick. Major thanks to my overthinking skills which did not let me get even a second of sleep the previous night. If my bedspread could talk it would have cursed me in its native language owing to all my restless tossing and turning. My breakfast lay on the table with hope in its eyes that I would take a bite. Yes! I lived in a fantasy world where I had a unexplainable relationship with every inanimate object. Judge me for that but that habit was bestowed on me by the 'Grimm Brothers' themselves when my Dad gifted me a whole set of fairytales on my 8th birthday.

Somewhere in these 16 years all the fairies,pixies,princesses,dwarfs,wizards,etc helped me get over sadness and trials. Somewhere they played a big role in my development.

 "How could you not think about this Pari?",said my brain trying to act all smart as it rested peacefully in my cranium. 

"Think about what?, I replied with a sigh. 

"When in doubt or confusion make yourself comfy in a nook,

Without a second thought or a look go grab yourself a book", it replied with pride.

I smiled. These lines were my precious assets when I felt low or anxious.

"Hey Mom! I'm done with my breakfast. I'll see you in the evening. Wish me luck!", I beemed with a sudden rush of excitement and left home. A little heavier than usual, my backpack too seemed happy with the new addition in its usual contents, my long lost friend.

Hello there Reader! Glad to know that you stayed up till the end of the 1st chapter of my 1st ever book!!! Since I'm an amateur, I would appreciate constructive critisism from you so that I can improve and provide a better reading experience for you in the coming chapters. If you had a good time reading this chapter then please vote for it and comment. Share the love! Until we meet the next time.

                                        -Priya :)