Four

Luke's probably been the best about the transition. Which makes sense, because Luke's the baby of the group, and the baby of his family. He's the most liberal, his views are always pro feminism. (Ashton tends to be a little more conservative, but Michael writes it off to the fact that he's trying to herd his three little ducklings down the right path and keep them safe.)

Luke was quick to get over the fact that, instead of having two boys and a girl to worry about him, he now had three boys. He doesn't mind, just as long as they're still happy to see him when he gets home.

And he is, Michael's always happy to see Luke. He might not how it, but he's always glad to see the youngest had made it home safely.

With Ashton and Calum occasionally fucking up his name and pronouns, it's nice to talk to Luke. Luke, who hasn't fucked up once. Michael had expected him to a few times, but Luke hadn't. He didn't need the three strikes Michael had mentally started for all of them, he didn't even need any reminders.

Luke's become his safe place, in a way. When he gets dysphoria, when he feels even the slightest bit off, he tracks down Luke and hangs around for a while. It doesn't matter if Luke's pretending he knows how to cook in the kitchen, or taking a nap in the living room, or busking downtown. If times get hard, Michael finds him. Like he's got some sort of Luke locator implanted in his brain.

((Unfortunately, part of this chapter deleted itself, as well. I'm working on rewriting it, so hopefully it will be up soon!! I'll post an author's note when it is!!

Sorry wattpad wants me dead :///

-Mel))