Rival's Son

I started walking towards the entrance with my legs trembling, but I believe that I could answer whatever he throws at me. As I walked in, everyone was looking at me, threw some glares and just simply stared at me. What the heck did I do wrong? I hurried myself to my dad’s office because I really felt humiliated with those stares. I burst into my dad’s office and almost tripped, but I manage to balance myself. He looked angry from behind. I’m getting nervous.

“Dad, what the heck-“ I was cut by a sting. A sting on my left cheek. Did he just slap me? I began to tremble.

“How dare you do this stupid thing in my company?!” he screamed

“What the hell did I do?!” I yelled back “What the hell is happening?!” I started crying

“You screwed up with the rival’s son, that’s what’s happening!” He yelled dropping the heavy newspaper on the glass table, and made a loud smash on it. That’s when I saw it. Tears flood my face when I saw Harry’s face, when he kissed my hand. There were so many pictures. The big picture was when I was in his car, Harry was looking at the camera and smiled. He knew all about this? How? The other picture was when we were at the park together, and in Starbucks smiling. Damn, I hate paparazzi. I read the article. This can’t be. He can’t be. Harry Thompson. The son of our rival company. Then it hit me. Be careful. The text. A paparazzi must’ve sent that. But how? I felt slimy. I’m disgusted by myself. I’m stupid and-

“You are my biggest disappointment, Millie” He said looking down. That sentence made me really angry.

“I didn’t know it was him, dad, I thought he was just an ordinary guy-”

“How long have you’ve been seeing each other?!”

 “I just met him, Dad!”

“Either way, Do you know how humiliated, the company feels!” He screamed at my face.

“The company feels?! Do you even care how I feel?! Dad, or should I even call you that” I said as he raised his fist knowing he’d beat me

“Go ahead, Dad” I said feeling my eyes burn in tears. He lowered his hand and turned his back.  

“Fix this, Amelia” he said stamping his mighty hands on the desk, and once again I felt goose bumps as he said my whole name.  

“Oh I will, dad, even if it takes me forever” I said forgetting about the penthouse and car. That’s the only reason why I worked here. Since he decided to free mom, which is to kill her, that is most likely to me, the house and the car was the only reason I agree to be in charge. I wanted to leave him. But not until I fix this shit. “I will show you that I am not a fucking disappointment” I said, and was the first time I ever said that to him. I grabbed the newspaper and walked away wiping my tears.

“Get back here, Millie!” He said but I ignored him. With his attitude, I don’t think we will get along in about everything or anything. There’s always tension. 

I got in my car and opened the engine. I calmed myself and looked at the newspaper. Harry knew about this? Did he just used me for his own company’s good. I’m gonna kill him. Literally. I started the engine and drove off. I know where to go.

Thank god, I remembered the way to his house. I just hope he was there. He has so much explaining to do. I remember those trees, I’m almost near. Minutes past and I saw his flat standing there. The window is open. He might be there. I grabbed the newspaper and opened my car door. I rushed towards his door and banged it. He quickly opened the door and showed his bare chest and shorts. There was a bruise in his face, but I didn’t really mind it.

“Hey, babe” He smiled. With all my anger, I don’t know what’s gotten into me, I slapped him.

“What’s wrong, babe?” He said

“You are Harry Thompson” I said and with that he didn’t speak. He knows exactly what I mean.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I said as he looked behind me, grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

“Who cares?” He said making his hands fly up in the air.

“I Care!” I screamed and gave him the newspaper, and he didn’t looked surprised.

“You knew about this all along didn’t you” I said starting to fight back the burning sensation in my throat. He just looked at me with his narrowed eyes.

“How could you?” I asked beginning to tremble. He suddenly spoke.

“You think I want this to happen?” He said

“Didn’t you?” I said

“I didn’t” He just said

“I thought you’d be the guy who’d be with me forever, I think I was wrong. Why are you doing this?” I said

“Because I want this to end. I’m tired of the company’s fights. Everytime, you have to fight against each other. I don’t see the point in that”

“Because you’re fighting for your company”

“And have enemies? Obtain hatred?”  

“If you want to have power, then you have to”

“Why?” he said. I went speechless. I looked into his eyes and see that he’s desperate.

“This is not going to work” I said

“I know. But we can try”

“No. I have received enough humiliation in my life already and my dad almost beat me”

“Look, I’m sorry I dragged you into this. You are not the only one who’s been humiliated. You think I didn’t? I got up to the office to see my dad throwing things on my desk and beat me” he said as I noticed the bruised a while ago. I feel sorry for the both of us, but mostly angry about myself. I sat on his soft black leathered couch, I squeezed my eyes shut and buried my face on my hands. He sat next to me but I feel his eyes wander around my body.

“What are we gonna do?” I said helpless

“Fight” he said

“I can’t” I looked at him unable to answer.

“I’m sorry” He said. Not knowing what to do I stood up and left. I don’t really know what he’s up to. I just can’t stand seeing him anymore. I drove off to Connie’s place and hope she’s there. I just needed to talk to someone.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi there. I really hope you liked this chapter even if it's a little crap. The picture to your right is Millie's Dad, yes, Josh Brolin as Mr.Fox.... :D Please don't forget to vote and comment :D New characters  are coming right up, and that includes One Direction in different characters :P so, STAY TUNED