Chapter 1 - Hello, Summer!

CHAPTER 1

“Congratulations graduates of 2013!” The emcee said.

Cheers and howls erupted around me then I was embraced by my best or should I say, my only friend: Anna. I thought back to that dark-haired boy and wondered what he would say if he was here right now. I shook my head to clear my thoughts… it would only dampen my mood.

I’m finally and officially done with high school! You might ask,

“Why are you so enthusiastic?! Isn’t high school supposed to be the best part of your life?!

Well… it was… until last year… until the Bradford bad boy…

“Kate! What’s up your butt?” Anna asked me giddily and it took me out of my thoughts.

“Nothing, really. Just wondering what to do before college starts.” I replied.

“Yeah! Me too! We are absolutely going to have fun this summer and do all sorts of crazy things!” Anna said as she embraced me tightly. We met one week after the X Factor auditions. She was a transferee and she bumped into me in the school's hallway. Ever since then, we stuck by each other’s sides.

I waved goodbye as she approached her family to leave.

“Hey kiddo! We’re so proud of you!” Mom said as she kissed my cheek. I nearly laughed when I saw my dad tearing up. He was built and tall and had this intimidating aura on him which scared a lot of people but he was a softie on the inside especially when it came to his baby girl. We celebrated at some fancy restaurant that served the best lamb chops and rocca salad. I was distracted during dinner and all I heard my parents talking about was business which bored me even more. On the way home we chatted about nothing and everything and eventually reached our house.

I changed into my pajamas and got comfy on my couch.

"Kate! I have something for you!" My Dad shouted from outside my room. I was currently watching TVD and they knew that I was addicted to it.

"Dad, I'm watching!" I screamed back. I hated when people interrupted me especially during the emotional parts. I stifled a sob when Damon said the 'I love you but I don't deserve you' part.

Suddenly, my dad barged in the room. "Hey kiddo!" He said then he got a glimpse of my glare. "Oops! Well I have something for you!" He smiled sheepishly.

I raised one eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. He raised his hands and I could see a brown bag. I furrowed my eyebrows when he pulled out two jars.

"SPECULOOS CRUNCHY COOKIE BUTTER AND FLUFFY MARSHMALLOW!" My Dad shouted. I jumped in front of him and gave him the puppy eyes.

I loved eating those ever since I was a kid. It was our favorite snack. I remember Zayn with his whole fist covered in sticky white stuff and mine in crunchy brown stuff. Wait... that sounded wrong. Anyways....

Zayn.. I miss him so much but obviously that was one-sided. I shook my head and opened my eyes again, remembering that Dad was in front of me.

He looked at me and said, "You can have it, on one condition."

"Anything!" I told him.

"You need to work this summer..." He trailed on.

"Okay. That's it?" I asked.

"You’ll be travelling with your uncle’s family. And you’ll be leaving tomorrow.." He finished.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I told him, impatient to get a hold of those two jars of heaven.

My dad beamed and gave me the brown bag then walked out my room.

“Wait! And where will you and mom be?” I shouted after him. “On our honeymoon” he replied.

I made a face and shuddered. Say no more. Eww.

I sat comfortably on the couch, getting into my TVD mode again. When the episode finished, I texted Anna and said that I had big news. She immediately Skyped me and I answered it.

“Spill.” She all but shouted. Wow. Even on video calls, she’s loud. I laugh internally.

"Ermm.. I think Dad got me a job. I have an uncle who I didn't know until now and he wants me to help him..." I say.  Oh no, this is not good.

Suddenly, Alyssa starts crying and I roll my eyes. She really is a drama queen.

"Don't worry! It's just for the summer!" I try to comfort her.

Then her eyes lit up and she's on her feet again. "I know how you can pay me back!" She says.

"How?" I ask.

"Buy me the Deluxe version of the Take Me Home album!!!" She jumps around.

"Ahhhh!!! Those boys will be the death of me!!" She shrieks.

I cover my ears and try to force a laugh. If only you knew that one of those boys WAS my ultimate bestfriend and was my first love..... KATE ALEXANDRA YOUNG. YOU WILL STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!!  

The wise part of my brain said.

"Deal." I said, knowing that it would be the only solution for Ally to allow me to leave.

"Why do you even want to buy it? You already have the normal version!  You are one obsessed woman." I murmur.

“Hey! I heard that!” She says then whispers “Gotta go! Mom’s coming to my room and it’s late. You know how she is.”

I blow her a kiss then end the call.

Moving from UK to California was a big change for me. Weather, studies, accent, language.. everything was different. But no matter where I was, there would always be teenagers fangirling over the most popular British boy band which was One Direction.

I fell asleep dreaming about those stormy dark eyes that captivates me every time….

CHAPTER 1 SNEAK PEEK! For the following chapters, check out my new account thatmoonyeyedgirl !!!!! What do you think will happen during the summer vacation? :o I will not be posting the next chapters here… this acct will be my reader acct while the 2nd one will be the writer side of me.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/thatmoonyeyedgirl

Comment and vote, loves!

xxx Marie xxx