Still The One (1D/Zayn Malik Fan Fiction)

Prologue

My name is Kate Alexandra Young, once the golden girl, and once the best friend of Zayn Javadd Malik. Now, I am just 'the delusional introvert.'

I was neighbors with Zayn since we were kids. We basically grew up together but 2 months before his audition on X Factor, my family moved miles away because of my dad's work. I left my school, my friends, and Zayn. We promised each other that we would still get together and hang out if we had the time. I was confident that our 15 years of friendship wasn't going to be affected by my leaving.

During those 2 months, we would call each other every day and I would reassure him that he would win with his looks and killer voice. On the day of the X Factor audition, I surprised him by skipping school just to support him.

When he saw me, his eyes lit up and he ran to me. The bear hug and kiss he gave me erased my doubts, I then knew that I was in love with Zayn Malik. I watched him perform and I knew he would go far. I even laughed when he refused to dance, ever the stubborn one. When he was added to One Direction along with four other boys, I was overjoyed. He would finally reach his dreams.

It was just two years ago, but it feels like a thousand. It was the last time I saw Zayn in person.

"Being best friends with an ordinary girl will only pull me down." He said.

Those were his last words to me, I didn't get the chance to reply since he had already walked away. Those 10 words broke my heart. Even now, even though I try to forget him, I can't. I will always remember his voice, how his eyes light up when he laughs, how perfect he portrays the sexy and mysterious role, and how he smiles the lazy but charming smile he has only for me.

That was the Zayn I knew..

-------------------

New story! Tell me about your thoughts!

Pic of Kate at the side!!

Desperate for a book cover. Dedication as prize for the one I will choose. :)

Thanks for reading!