Dinner with Mom

After I went to shower in the enormous shower that I spent twenty minutes in, I rushed to get ready, quickly drying my long wavy hair with a hairdryer.

Unfortunately, all I did was make my hair super puffy since I didn't have my special shampoo with me, and couldn't find it in the suitcases.

I hurried to plat my hair in a French braid along my right shoulder after putting on the pink dress. I then pulled on the heels and put on some light pinkish makeup and some sparkly lip gloss.

The ending result was nice, but anyone with half a brain could see it was rushed.

I left my room to find my mom in the lounge in her usual business wear.

"Glitter, what on earth are you wearing?"she asked, her expression changing almost instantly.

"Just a dress. It was the first one I could find,"I replied, looking down and smoothing out the dress.

"Oh. Yes. Well do not wear it again, it's too short,"she said coldly.

To short? Under the knee is to short? What does she expect me to wear, then?

I did not want any drama. I was tired and my hair looked like curly shit, so I decided to not reply.

"Yes, mom." I muttered quietly.

"Good. Now, let's go down to dinner. We're late!" She told me.

She can't be serious. All we're doing is going for dinner and we didn't even make a reservation.

As I followed her to the elevator, I wished I had my iPhone. Unfortunately, mom bans the use of phones at dinner, because it's a time to 'bond' or whatever. Don't know what's her problem, half the time she's on her own phone!

As we reached to the restaurant and were sent to a table, I looked at the menu. It was long, so I just skimmed through, looking for the seafood section. I may seem spoiled, but I try not to eat any meat but seafood while I can.

I found the seafoods and looked through them. I soon decided on a nice seafood chowder and a fruit punch juice.

"Glitter! The waiter is here." I heard my mom say in a British accent. I don't get what is her problem with the way her accent is, because I really can't see. I don't care if no one here can understand me when I talk American English. That's their problem.

I quickly ordered the food and started to look around the room, thankful my mom didn't say anything about my food. I have no idea why she's so picky with everything I do now. When I was younger it was so different.

Across the room, I saw through the room the dark night sky, and wished I could go outside in the cool air. Eating dinner with mom is so boring! That's why I used to stay out with my friend Emma and usually slept over by her too. Surprised that mom didn't mind.

The waiter came back with my juice and mom's drink, and I sipped at the juice while I waited for the seafood soup.

"Glitter," I heard mom say and I turned to her.

"Yes, mom?" I replied.

"Talk," she said. Just 'talk'.

"What do you mean, talk?" I asked her.

"About school, or friends, or anything."

"Um, ok." I thought for a few seconds and then said the first thing that came to my head. "The gym here should be nice, right?" It was clear I shocked her, as she put down her drink.

"Yes, I guess so." She said in her irritating British accent that she couldn't even fake properly. "Why?"

"Exercise?" I said plainly, raising one eyebrow.

"Don't do that," she said. "And I don't want you going to the gym.

"But why? Back home we had a home gym!" I protested, upset.

"That was then, this is now. Things are different now."

"But mom, I need exercise! I always go to the gym, every week! And I haven't gone in, like a month or something!"

"Not my fault," she said. Not her fault? What the hell! Who made us move? Me?

I was going to say something but the waiter came back with our food. I ate quietly, and mom did too, checking her phone.

The whole night was very boring, as is every thing I do with mom.

After dinner, I was so glad to go to my room. I unpacked a few things and half my wardrobe into the walk in closet. Mom didn't bother me, so I decided to go to sleep. I know mom wouldn't approve of me sleeping with music, but I did it anyway. I put on my pink sparkly cheetah print headphones, and went to sleep listening to 18.