Moving

Sigh. How did my perfect life in California get uprooted so much, to cause me to move to London, of all places. Well I'll tell you. Because of my mom's work, we recently started to travel. First Florida for two weeks, then Brazil for one, and now London, for who knows how long.

I've been on this stupid plane for about ten hours, and can't even sleep, even though it's night time. And this dumb kid sitting in the seat behind me keeps kicking my seat! I would've thought with all our money, we could at least travel on a private plane! But nooo, we have to travel on this dumb plane for regular people because mom wants to keep the money for our 'Dream Mansion', whenever we settle.

As I sat staring through the dark misty window, I thought about all the things I left in California. My friends at Crystal High, and my best friend Emma Johnson. We could still keep in touch, but I miss seeing her in person because we used to hang out all the time. I doubt I will make friends at this school, whatever it's called. My mom refuses to tell me anything about school or where we're staying. All she's said is we're going to London, and that's all I need to know.

Sigh. As I looked over to her on my left, I saw my cup of soda on the tray table. I picked it up and took a sip. This was so boring. You can't even get wifi here!

"Glitter," my mom said, looking up from her phone and turning to me.

"Yes, mom?" I replied, waiting for her to say something.

"Please remove your hood," she said, gesturing with her right hand to my white sparkly hoodie I wore over my long blonde wavy hair. "You don't need it."

"My head's cold," I made up, protesting.

"Glitter," she sighed. "I said remove your hood. So remove it."

"Fine," I said reluctantly, pulling it down and brushing my right hand through my hair. "You could try and be nicer to me, you know. You forced me to move out of my life, remember?"

"You think I wanted to move too?" she asked or told me, I'm not sure of her tone.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep, mom." I turned from her and pushed back my seat, pretending to go to sleep. I heard complaints from the row behind me, but couldn't care as I closed my eyes.

At some point I must've actually fallen asleep, because before I knew it, mom was shaking me awake.

"Wake up, Glitter," she rasped at me, "We're here."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, pulling back up my hood to hopefully block out some bright sun coming through the window. As I took my bag from under my seat, I pulled at my long hair that desperately needed a wash. Ew. Public plane. As my mom and I left the plane with the other passengers, I looked around in the sun, squinting. This was London.