1

*February 3, 2004*

I had just found out that I was going to a private school due to some bad things going on at my school. I had to dress in an ugly uniform, but at the age of 5, I really couldn't tell the difference between uniforms and clothes. I didn't mind either way.

*September 6, 2004*
Once summer came, I was getting pretty nervous, mostly because I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even know what a private school was, or that they even existed before my mom and dad told me. So the first day of school came around, September 6, and my mom drove me to school. Of course, we said goodbye, hugged, and I skipped to the doors. As soon as I walked in, my whole mind went blank. I had no idea what to do! So I just stood there until a janitor came and brought me to my class. Yeah, it was a pretty good first day, I'd say.

*September 29, 2004*
A new kid was coming to the school. I met him on the 29th of September. As soon as he walked in the room, all eyes fell squarely upon him. Well, it may have been just mine, nobody else seemed to care. He sat down next to me, looked over, smiled a weak smile, and then looked down. And that's what started it all.

*February 3, 2005*
Exactly one year since I leaned I was going to a private school, I wanted to go back to public. But there was one thing holding me back. Eli Cohen. Of course, if I had actually stayed at the private school, none of the chaos over the past few years wouldn't have happened. So, let's fast forward a lot.

*February 3, 2014*
Eli and I got ready to go snowboarding at the foot of the Catskills in New York. We were staying for a few days, and driving there overnight. We had to pack everything and get ready for it.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow, from being thousands of miles away and coming for an aunt's wedding, Eli and I met up again. I really don't have anybody to thank for making that happen. I have an inanimate object to thank: Winter scented candles.