*June 12, 2012*

"I'm really gonna miss you, Eli."

*June 13, 2012*

"Eli, please don't go."

*June 14, 2012*

"Come on, Eli, don't go, just don't go."

*June 15, 2012*

"You're actually leaving?"

*June 16, 2012*

He left... He didn't even say goodbye.

• • •
Unless a date is shown, the rest of the book has no specific date. It's just some time after Eli left.
• • •

His words kept playing inside my head.
"Aaliyah, stop it. I'm leaving."
And then he left. He didn't even say goodbye. Doesn't he understand how that feels? Doesn't he know that it hurts to see your best friend leave after all this time?

He boarded the plane, looking back at me, with a frown. I still don't know what that frown meant. Was he mad at me? Was he upset, too? And I'll never find out. We decided to not stay in touch, because if we did, it would just be harder on us.

About twenty minutes later, the plane took off and I couldn't get the image of him frowning out of my head. Before we deleted each other from our phone contacts, he sent me a text.

Don't reply. After this delete me from your contacts. I'm going to miss you. But there's no turning back now. I can't go back. I'm going to Australia and I'm going to stay there. Hopefully we'll see each other again. It may not be soon, but I know that it will happen. I know it, Aaliyah.

And then I deleted him from my contacts.

• • •

Eli used to say,"Just think about this. You can't go back to right now."

That's all I was thinking once he left.

You can't go back to right now.

And I would always finish it off.

"And because of that, live life to the fullest. You only live once."

Eli and I would always say that to anybody afraid to do anything. And it would always help them. They would do it, whatever it was.

• • •
Present tense
• • •

I jumped on my bed, and got out my laptop to work on high-school stuff. Honestly, I don't really even know what the homework is on.

My aunt is getting married in 7 weeks, and I still need to get a dress and heels and get everything ready. Ugh. I hate dresses. And heels. And doing things.

And of course, the one day I seriously want to go outside, it's 24 degrees and snowing.

Because of nothing to do, I decided to look through my photos.

Selfie... Ew. Another selfie... Ew-er. Oh look, another selfie. Gag. I seriously take so many selfies. Hey, look! This one's not that bad!

Who am I kidding? Barf.

Wow, a year and a half ago. Airport. Airport. Selfie with Eli. Eli. God, I miss him. I can't believe it's already been a year and a half. He said he promised we would see each other! He promised! At age 7, we both swore to never break a promise. And we never did.

Well, that's until now, I guess.

• • •

A/N

So hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the book so far! I promise it will get better. After this its going to be present tense and be kind of fan-fiction-ish. If that makes any sense... So yeah anyways if you don't get it Eli and Aaliyah were bests friends but Eli moved to Australia. Now they're trying to deal with not staying in touch after being suck great friends since they were 4 years old.

Comment

Rate

Vote

Share

Enjoy!