Chapter Four

A/N: I am still totally blown away by the fact that so many of you really like this little story. Gah, thanks so much for all the reviews! I've decided that this story will just all be about Bamon and Stelena and I don't think I will be adding anymore else into the mix. Anyways, things get a little M rated in this chapter!

Enjoy & thanks so much for reading! ;)

Follow me on twitter for updates at: BePassionate_24

Don't Forget To Think Of Me- Chapter Four

"Stefan, why did you send Damon to come look for me instead of you?"

"I sent him because lately it seems like he's able to get through to you in ways that I can't. You'll listen to him. You trust him, even when you can't trust me."

"I didn't mean to not..."

"Come on, Elena, I mean after everything that we've been through... You can admit it."

"You've been so strong for me. Helping me, fighting for that girl that chose you, the girl that I was when I died on the bridge, and I love you so much for wanting to find this cure. Because I'd like nothing more than to get her back, because the – the girl that she's become, that – that I've become is different, somehow. Darker. Who I am, what I want..."

"What you want, or... who you want?"

"Something's changed, between Damon and me. Much more than it ever used to be. It's like everything that I felt for him before I was a vampire..."

"Has been magnified. Your feelings for him have been magnified."

"I'm sorry. I don't want to lie to you."

"You know, before when I was the, uh, the Ripper, I understood why you cared for him. I mean, I practically drove you to it. But now... I can't do this, Elena. Not anymore."

"I know."

Elena gasped for air, her eyes shooting open as she looked around the room and exhaled heavily. It was just a dream...A very familiar and all too distant memory that she had held on to. She flopped on her stomach, trying to get comfortable on the couch. However, hours after staying awake and barely sleeping. She was starting to get irritated with her new sleeping arrangements and went in search of Stefan. His apartment was fairly bare, not many pictures of family or friends at all. Although, there was something comforting about his bedroom that seemed to entice Elena as she walked inside and knocked lightly on the door.

"What?" She could hear Stefan grumble out loud as he flipped over towards her and placed his hand underneath his head while staring back at her.

She was silent, not really sure why she had even came to look for him. Maybe it was the dream or maybe it was the fact that sleeping alone on the couch felt awfully lonely. "It's the middle of the night, Elena. Do you need something?" He asked with a bit of a softer tone, deciding that being harsh wasn't going to help this situation. She crossed her arms, rubbing them a bit as she shifted her weight and turned to leave without a word.

"Elena," Stefan paused with a loud sigh. She could hear him getting up from his bed, making his way towards her. His hand reached her shoulder as his fingers grazed her skin and suddenly it was as if a spark ignited inside of her from that one simple touch. She shuddered from the simple caress of his skin as she turned to face him.

"Wait." He told her, slowly taking a cautious step back as she turned to him and with water eyes, she looked at him directly. Her glazed over tears were threatening to escape as she stammered out slowly, nearly unsure of her own words. "You loved me. You loved me even when I loved someone else and then you drove me away, into his arms. Where I shouldn't have been..." Her voice cracked as she closed her eyes and finally allowed herself to cry while trying to remember the things that she felt so utterly confused about. She was frustrated with herself and all these puzzle piece like memories as she leaned against him and sobbed, clutching on to his t-shirt while he carefully wrapped his arms around her. Elena could feel the tension in Stefan's body escape when she pushed away from him and he cupped her tear stained cheeks, wiping away the fallen tears with his thumbs. "I told you what we were-." She cut him off, choking back her whimpering cries as she shook her head. There was no way in hell that she was going to believe that all they ever were was some stupid "high school romance."