Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

On the side Ryan Guzman as Connor Hayes------------>

Olivia's Pov

After I broke off the engagement, I went straight to my room. If I want those people to believe that Connor cheating on me doesn't affect me then I have to look the part.

I went and stood in front of the mirror. God, I really look like a zombie. Okay, I take my words back. I do care how I look and what people say about me. I don't want people giving me that pity look.

So as quickly as I can, I cover my dark circles. My skin looks unnaturally pale today so for that I apply foundation. But no so much that I look like those cake-faced barbies. Just enough to retain my natural look. I curl my painstakingly long straight blonde hair and leave it down. I quickly wear a grey flats instead of wearing heels knowing that i will be standing for a long time.

After looking over myself one more time in my full body length mirror, I make my way out of my room and down the stairs to the garage where I get in my white Lamborghini and make my way to the graveyard where my father's funeral is taking place.

*************************************

As soon as I reach there I see lot of paparazzi swarming the graveyard door trying to take pictures of the people attending my father's funeral. I maintain a blank look on my face as I make my way inside.

After sometime my step-mother and step-sister comes and the ceremony starts. The ceremony ends without anything much happening.

Though I will miss my dad very much, I know he is in a better place. Somewhere with my mom, both of them looking down on me.

And I will make them proud. I promise this to myself.

After the ceremony, when people were giving condolences to my family, Isaac made his way towards me.

"How are you doing Olivia?" Isaac asked.

I know there is another reason for him asking me that and not the concern which is apparent in his tone. But I reply nonetheless.

"I am doing just fine, Mr. Hayes." I said in a cold and uninviting tone clearly stating his presence is not needed here.I notice he visibly flinches at my tone and that makes me kind of happy.

He chooses to ignore my wishes and continued the conversation. And as I said I knew there was a reason for his fake concern.

"I know you are hurting Olivia. It can be seen by the way you are behaving, breaking off your engagement! But I know you clearly didn't mean that. You know I am here for you right?" Isaac said in a soft voice like he was soothing a mad puppy. But I am no dog.

"I know what I am doing Mr. Hayes. And breaking off my engagement with Connor is the most sensible decision I have ever made." I replied in a voice so cold it could have freeze California in seconds. Isaac visibly flinches again. I could see we were gaining some attention and from the corner of my eyes I could see Connor, Jessica and my step-mother making their way towards us.

Perfect.

Seeing my determined expression Isaac took another method to coerce me into this engagement.

"I know what Connor did to you was just plain disgusting but just give him another chance my child. You both have been dating each other for six months now. I am sure that whatever he did meant nothing to him." Isaac replied. Disgusting. I thought you were proud that your son is dating one sister and sleeping with another. But I didn't say that. I waited for my now family and Connor to reach us. Seeing as most of the people were eavesdropping on our conversation while still continuing to look busy, I thought this will be the perfect moment to officially call off this engagement.