"Where We Land"

The day starts off like any other. They are in the post office discussing how to downplay The newest Blacklister Red had given them. They were so close, he just slipped away... It ticked every single one of them but then again, they guess you get some, you lose some... Red is probably up to something anyway, in time they'll catch him.

Liz was putting the blame on Red, if he had just listened to her not to go in without at least telling her it would all have been "better" but no... He had to go on his own. They already told him that the man knew he was conniving with the FBI but he wouldn't believed them, so there he was almost gotten killed...again. Same old, same old if you asked Liz.

Half the day later, and one man by the name of Reddington stayed alive for another day, strode into her office...

"So, you want to take a look at the apology letters and trinkets you have sent me and maybe add one more to the pile?" Liz asks, handing him a sheet of paper while lightly tracing the slight curve of her slightly swollen stomach.

Red smiles and gives the apology a cursory glance, and handed her a skinny latte and a bunch of jelly donuts. "You really should not bother yourself about this in your condition, Lizzie. Let me handle it... And yes, I'm adding another "sorry" payment for you..."

"Red, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do my job. Jeez." She huffs while carefully sitting back down on the couch.

Liz somehow after three years managed to find someone in her life, in Red's behalf he was torn between sad and happy. Sad that she'll never know how much he really loved her, happy because she found happiness, unmarried but with a baby on the way...and happy because he can never hurt her... He's what's hurting her constantly right?

"Donald told me you were napping in your office yesterday, you're exhausted. Please go home and let me take care of this." He implores, ignoring her annoyance at his persistence.

"For the last freakin' time, I'm fi-" A sharp stabbing sensation in her abdomen interrupts her protest, and she cries out in pain while clutching her stomach. Red's eyes widen in shock and he quickly rushes to her.

"Lizzie, are you okay?" He is crouching on the floor beside her, his hand is covering hers and Liz grasps his fingers with all her strength.

"I...I think I'm bleeding." She gasps quietly. Red looks down and sees that Liz is correct; her jeans are soaked in blood.

He immediately scoops her up in his arms and ignores the blood that has destroyed his clothes. "Let's go downstairs. I'll have Dembe take you to the hospital."

And with that he pulled out his phone and called his bodyguard, calling Cooper, Aram, Ressler, and Samar to let them know as well.

They were all in a haste of panic, Dembe calling ahead at the hospital and calling one of Red's doctor friends to pull some strings while Cooper was making sure that traffic was cleared out.

"Can you call Criss? Please?" She whimpers, the pain in her side making it too difficult to speak.

"Of course."

"Red?" He looks down at her while they are waiting for the elevator to take them to the garage. He tries to stay calm and strong for her, knowing that panicking will only make things worse.

"Yes, Lizzie?"

"I'm going to be okay, right? The baby is going to be okay?"

"I have faith that everything will be fine." It is the only time he's ever lied to her.

Red's urgent call to the chief of staff of the hospital has resulted in a team of the best nurses and doctors waiting for Liz upon her arrival. They gently lower her onto a wheelchair and Red - refusing to let go of her hand- follows closely beside her. "Are you the father?" One of the doctors asks.