Chapter 15

"A few Anbu will be selected to guard the Daimyo's procession back to his prefecture."

"Ha!"

"This is the plan."

The meeting with the Third Hokage was over. Everyone else had left the room, except for the Third Hokage and Michiko, who was staring into blank space.

"Michiko." The Third Hokage called.

Michiko was still in a daze.

"Michiko." He called again.

No respond.

"Michiko!"

Michiko jolted and looked up.

"Is there anything wrong?"

Michiko paused for a while before shaking her head.

"Is that so? You can talk to me anytime if you want to. I know it's been tough for you."

Michiko gave the Third Hokage a smile. She nodded and bowed, and made her way out.

Just as Michiko stepped out of the building, she saw Kakashi heading the opposite direction of his house. Michiko had ignored Kakashi since the day Danzo approached him. She was not sure if Kakashi decided to work for Danzou. So she followed Kakashi and saw him entering the place where the Root was.

- Michiko's POV -

So he has decided to work for him? It seems like I mean nothing to him... I thought... he would believe in Tou-san rather than Danzou. That Danzou has been opposing my father and his ideals ever since I can remember. I really dislike Danzou! And Kakashi... He worked for him now?

Why? I have no idea why...

I looked at his back for one last time before turning around to leave.

- Kakashi's POV -

Michiko will definitely ignore me. It's not that I don't believe Professor. He isn't that kind of person who would kill someone for power. I need to see it for myself. I'm sorry Michiko...

When I went to the place where Danzou was, someone attacked me with wood jutsu. It was really weird. I thought the only person who can use it was the First Hokage. I was really puzzled when Danzou appeared. I showed him the scroll about the plan and he nodded with satisfaction.

The next morning, I woke up from a nightmare. Other than Rin, there was also the Professor. It was exactly like... what Danzou described. No, I refused to believe that the one who appeared in my dream was Professor.

I went to the basin to wash my hands.

It won't wash off no matter how many times I wash my hands.

I... Did kill Rin... With my own hand. And... It was my fault that Michiko lost her voice too...

.........

I put on my gear and head out.

What can I do to forget this pain?

- 3rd Person POV -

Michiko was walking along the street as she passed by the dango shop. She looked extremely lethargic since she was not able to sleep well last night.

"Michiko!" Someone called out. Michiko turned to see an energetic Guy eating dango and waving to her. Michiko went to join Guy for some dango.

Guy bombarded Michiko with lots of questions, which most of them she was able to respond with a nod or shook. Just as Guy drank his tea, he caught the sight of Kakashi with the corner of his eye. Michiko followed his gaze and saw Kakashi was looking down while walking by. Guy raised his hand, wanted to call Kakashi over, Michiko was about to stop him but Kakashi merely ignored Guy and walked away.