Chapter 20 Trusting

**Makas POV**
The week went by. It was finally Saturday. Mom had left with an invitation to the wedding. I got up early on a Saturday morning. Tsubaki and I was going shopping for the third time. Soul was asleep when I was getting ready. I shut the door behind me quietly so Soul could sleep. I left a note on the table telling him
Soul,
I had went shopping with Tsubaki again. I love you, I'll be back soon.
I love you
I left silently so soul could sleep. I met Tsubaki at the bottom of the apartment building. We left to Death Town.

**Soul's POV**
I woke up looking for Maka. I found the note she had left. As I read it, excitement came over me. I invited Blackstar over to plan something special for Maka. About an hour later, I hear knocking at the door, it's Blackstar. I walked to the door to open it. I opened the door. Blackstar walked in. He said "Man what's wrong you look down. Something happened.?" I turned with a sad expression on my face. I said "Maka thinks I'm gonna turn out like her father. I don't know how to tell her that I won't do that. I wanna do something for her but I'm not sure what I could do." Blackstar looked at me and said "Talk to her, make dinner for her, love her, and be her man that she loves dearly. What did her mother say to the both of you?" I turned with tears in my eyes. I said "She said that I wouldn't hurt Maka like her father hurt her mother. I love Maka, I haven't done anything that had hurt her. I have trust in her. What has she told Tsubaki?" He smiled and said "That she has been excited for the wedding. She loves you but she's scared.....that.....your gonna.....hurt her like her......dad had." The smile faded off of his face. "Man we're going to think of something that can help her think differently." We sat there in silence for twenty minutes. He said "dance with her and flirt with her when she gets home. Go get dressed in your tux, and we'll wait. Tsubaki said that she would be back around 4. It's 2:00 p.m. now. We have time. About 30 minutes passed, I was dressed in my tux waiting for Maka to come home. Blackstar left as the time hit 3:30 p.m. I sat down and waited.

**Makas POV**
I was walking with Tsubaki coming out of the shopping area. She suddenly said "Maka your so lucky." I looked at her with a shocked look on my face. I said "what do you mean?" She said "Soul is a good guy, he's not like what your dad was. Even though some do it, don't mean Soul will. Don't loose trust in him. He wants to give you the world, he loves you so much. You won't have to worry about him." I smiled and said "Tsubaki you mean that?" She said "Maka I wouldn't lie to you about him. I want you two to love each other. Be proud of him. I know you love him. Don't give up on you two, your happy you deserve that." I smiled as I said "I'm ready to go home, Soul's waiting for me since it's 3:00 p.m." She smiled as me and Tsubaki parted. I finally came to the apartment door. I heard music coming from the inside of the apartment. I smiled as I remembered when Soul proposed. I stood there for a moment longer. The door opened automatically.

**Soul's POV**
I reached the knob of the door hoping she'll be there. It reached 4:00 p.m. I turned the knob and stepped away from the door. I stood there hoping it was her. I closed my eyes, I felt a warm hand laid upon my face. I knew it was Maka. A tear rolled down my face as I touched her hand in a sign of relief. She said "Soul I love to you. I don't know what I could do without you. I wouldn't ever think that you would become like my father." I felt her hand meet mine. She lifted my hand to wipe away the tear from her face. She said "This would be the last tear thst falls from me thinking something negative for no reason." I hugged her tightly as she fine the same. I grabbed her hand while I asked "Do you want to dance?" She smiled the biggest smile. "I haven't seen this smile in a while" we danced I remembered how I fell in love with her before. I fell deeper into her eyes as I fell back in love. I said "I'll catch you when you fall." She said "I trust you with everything and my heart. I love you Soul Eater Evans." We kissed as we both smiled happily. Finally the day fell into night and we grew tired. I carried Maka to bed as she laughed and smiled. I laid her in bed. I got up to take my shirt off. I turned, I caught her staring with a smile still on her face. She said "I love you." I turned off the light. I came behind her as I said "I love you Maka Albarn." I noticed she was asleep. I smiled. I wrapped my arms around her as I intertwined my hand in hers. I fell asleep.