"See You Soon."

Story Song: A Lack of Understanding - The Vaccines

Word Count: 823

A/N: I'm sorry these are so short, I'll try to update more frequently to make up for it:^)

Aleks' P.O.V

I woke up, my head pounding like a bitch and my cheek swollen and tight. I felt like I had a mouthful of cotton, smacking my lips to see if it changed. My bleary eyes cleared, and saw that I had an audience.

I recognized James immediately, trying to teasingly smile at him, but he only rolled his eyes. There was a man in a red cap that I didn't recognize, and the guys from the van were still not here, although the driver may be the one sitting by them as well.

"Are you done being a little shit?" James asked, and I shrugged.

"I guess so." The man in the red cap clapped his hands together with a smile, standing up and standing tall.

"Alright! Let's get down to business!" He cheerfully said, and I recognized him as the guy that kneed me in my chin. What the Hell? He looked like a soccer dad, was this guy a joke?

"Are you guys loan sharks, because if you tell me how much I owe you, I'll pay you back as soon as I can." I quickly said as they came closer to me.

"Hear us out. No, we're not loan sharks. We're apart of The Creatures." The man in the red cap said, and my eyes flickered over to James, who had his arms crossed with a confident smile.

"The Creatures?" Why did I recognize that name?

"Yes, The Creatures, number uno gang here in good ole Denver, Colorado." My eyebrows furrowed together, and my throat dropped to my stomach.

"We're reaching out to you in hopes that you'll accept taking part in our services."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"We want you to join, you little asshole." James growled.

I stared at them in disbelief for a minute or two before cracking up in hiccupy laughter. They looked at me unamused, and I fail to see how they fail to see the humor in this.

"A gang? You have to be kidding me. I'm wearing an actual sweater vest. I look like an angsty sixteen year old, what the fuck do you want from me? How many gangs are in Colorado, because if you're number one I have to doubt that there are many." James growled, lurching forward, and Jordan pressed his hand against his chest to halt him.

"We're very good at what we do. Do you see the mansion we're surrounded by?" I took a good look around the room since the first time I was thrust in here, and I had to admit, it was beautiful.

"We can safely afford all of this due to the organized crime we participate in. We wouldn't necessarily need you for that, you'd be more of a hacker type. We have a few on hand, but sadly, a couple were killed." My eyes widened.

"But that's besides the point. The point is, we need more bodies and we'd very much like you on board."

"I did some stuff for PirateBay a couple years ago, got into my moms bank account once or twice, but that's all I have going for me. I don't know what help I'd offer to you."

"We've been monitoring you for awhile now, and as much as you try to talk yourself down, we know better. You are very capable of doing what we need you to do."

"I'm glad my credentials won't be a problem, but there's also the fact that I don't want to be apart of a gang! Are you fucking crazy?!" I shouted at them.

"Fine. We understand, we've dealt with rejection before. Now if you'll just put this bag over your head, our friend Dan here will take you back to your place." Jordan said sweetly, smiling at me, and I did a double take.

"Wait, what the fuck is happening?"

"We'll give you some time to think it through, and if this really is your final answer, we'll leave you alone. We believe killing those who don't join us is counterproductive, here at The Creatures base."

"Although, I wouldn't mind. Probably'd be pretty fun." James grumbled.

"You're so hostile." I said to James, corner of my lip curled, and he laughed.

"Alright, enough with the flirting you two. Dan, take him back."

I sat in the front seat of the van this time with the bag safely pulled over my eyes.

When Dan said that I could take it off - one of the only things he had said to me at all - I did, and came across the setting sun.

"See you soon." He smiled as I opened the door and climbed out. He drove away, and I stood on the curb, dumbfounded.

What the fuck had just happened?