Chapter 3

“How did it turn out this way?” I asked myself.

I had some how ended up in the mall with Nikki and Jackson. The first phase of Jackson’s plan involved me getting a makeover to get Marco's attention. What was his plan, you ask? Well, he had this ridiculous notion that it would be a good idea for me to go undercover in the love game.

"Think about it," Jackson said. "None of the guys have any idea that I told a girl about the game."

"If they did they would make you a girl." Nikki chipped in. We both turned to stare at her. "What? you need me to explain? Okay, I mean they would take you by the ba-"

"Stop, stop, stop." Jackson said quickly, the horror clear on his face. "We know what you meant. What is with you and castration?"

Nikki shrugged. "It's a hobby." She laughed when she saw my eyes bulge out. "Kidding. Go on Jackson."

He shook his head and continued. "As I was saying, since they don't know, it would be really easy for a girl," He gestured to me, "who happened to be chosen as the next target, to turn the tables on them."

Nikki's eyes lit up as she got where he was going, "So Cassie makes Marco fall for her and then she crushes him. I love it!"

"That would be a bonus but I was thinking something a little less 'John Tucker Must Die'." Jackson said, smiling at his friend's enthusiasm. "She just makes it so he never plays the love game again." 

"And without their main player-" Nikki started.

"The game falls apart." 

"That's genius! So simple, yet so much of a masterpiece. Marco loses his precious rep as the best player and we save the rest of the girls from the Love game." Nikki praised. "But how is Cassie supposed to do all that? There's no guarantee that Marco's going to quit the game." 

"Leave that part to me." He said.

At this point, I was tired of them talking about me like I wasn't there, so I interjected. "I won't do it."

That got their attention. I guess it didn't occur to them that I could refuse. Well surprise, surprise. Cassie has a backbone.

"Why not?" Nikki whined, looking completely deflated. She really liked the idea. Too bad.

"Because I don't want to." I said, crossing my arms. "Isn't one of Marco's nicknames the 'virgin slayer?' I'm a virgin and I want to stay that way till I'm married, thank you very much."

"You don't have to lose your virginity. That's the entire point." Nikki argued.

"Yeah the only way you'll lose it to him is if you're weak. Are you weak?" Jackson asked, cocking his head to the side with a smirk. He was taunting me, the jerk.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "I haven't had that kind of pressure before. I don't know how I'll react."

"Let's try it out and see." He said, sitting up on the bed. "Come on." 

I looked at Nikki, who just gave me a shrug and a nod, telling me to go ahead. I sat on the bed opposite him and hugged a pillow for comfort. I was honestly nervous. I had no idea what he was going to do and despite his awful personality, he was a work of art.  With his sandy brown hair and pale blue eyes and...Stop checking him out! He's evil, remember?Jackson slid closer to me. Then closer. Then closer until there was practically no space between us. My heart pounded in my chest and I was rooted to the spot. He leaned in and started to whisper something in my ear. What happened next was a reflex action, I swear. I had barely felt the breath on my ear when I screamed and smacked him in the face with the pillow I was holding. I pushed him down and held the pillow in place for a second before jumping off the bed.