Chapter 13 |Friendships

Walking down the street, Josh hummed to himself a random tune. He woke up this morning, feeling  extremely energetic. Never had he felt the urge to go to school, but then again, he would be able to meet his boyfriend if he did. He had summed up his enthusiasm was fuelled by the thought of meeting Dan. 

It was then a question popped up. Did his parents knew anything about him? Was he like him, being secretive of it? He made a mental note to ask him later.

 Wearing a white shirt with red sleeves and a pair of khakis, he went towards Dan who was wearing sleeves shirt and knee-length trousers. The feline had to stop there to admire the appealing sight, but somehow Dan sensed his presence and purposely flexed his biceps just to make him drool while pretending to be oblivious of his presence. 

"Hey there, Josh. Saw something you like?" he smirked when his boyfriend had seen enough and decided to walk towards him.

"You know the answer, Dan," the tiger replied. "How's your day yesterday."

"What do you think? I've got a boyfriend that I really love and we were making out in the woods, doesn't that sound hot to you?"

Josh had to admit he was right about the kissing part. In fact, he became slightly aroused by it. But he quickly shook the thought away as he didn't want him to know about it, it was embarrassing.

"Oh, I was wondering something," the feline asked as they walked to school.

"What is it, Tiger?"

"Are you still in the closet, or did your parents knew about you?"

The wolf went quite for a moment before answering.

"No, they don't. No one in my family knew," he sounded disappointed.

"Dan, if it makes you feel better, no one knew about me either," Josh gingerly clasped his paw with his. "And I mean no one, not my parents, not my relatives, or even anyone in the world. You're the first I came out to."

The lupine gave a small smile before quickly took a glance around them.

"Umm, Dan. About the world," he muttered as he glance at their paws, intertwined together. "Maybe we shouldn't do such a thing in public. I mean, I'm not ready to let anyone know about us yet."

"Oh," he quickly loosen his paws as he too look around him. Luckily no one was nearby, so their secret was save. "Sorry, but you're right, I not ready to let anyone know too."

"So, you agree we're not going to do anything in public?"

"Yeah."

They were quite for the next few minutes. Josh peeked at Dan from the edge of his peripheral vision, and spied that the wolf's ears were drooped down, and there was distress in those brown eyes. He knew what had caused Dan to feel so down.

"Dan, you don't have to feel guilty about it," Josh explained. "I understand how you feel. Even if you didn't say that, I'll be the one telling you. We won't tell anyone until both of us are ready, I promise. SO you don't have to worry, okay?"

"I know Josh," he looked up into his eyes and a smile spread across his muzzle. Suddenly, he grabbed the tiger's arms and pulled him into a dark alley they were about to pass. Josh was going to protest when he felt Dan locked his muzzle with him, effectively dissipating any other thoughts in Josh's mind. The kiss lasted a few seconds before Dan pulled back.

"Thanks for everything," he said, panting.

"Was that the reason you dragged me here and kiss me while still trying to obey the rules?" the tiger wondered aloud, gesturing at the narrow path around him.