Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Vicki had been taken to a chamber, where she was bathed and her body was oiled then she was dressed with a shear stola where the material was then captured and held by a fibulae which allowed the shear material to drape over the front of her body in graceful folds..

The cut of the gown barely showed her baby bump. Her hair had been pulled up on top of her head with a golden ribbon that had been braided into her hair. The cut of the gown showed off her beauty to the fullest of extent. The style of her hair allowed her fine boned features to be portrayed, as they should. She was stunning and that inner light which was her essence now shown brighter in her surroundings.

A part of her wanted to be afraid of this the darkest and most evil place she had ever been. The thought that her baby could be born here frightened her to her core. She looked to the large bed draped in wispy white diaphanous material appeared to be inviting.

The room was decorated after the fashion of a Caesar of the Roman Empire. Ornately curved stools sat as a decorative compliment to the granite floor room. Soft area carpets padded the floor giving a whimsical feel to the room. The room had an open-air quality to it though she knew that was nothing more than an illusion.

She wanted to sit but was afraid of feeling at a disadvantage if the insufferable Baal entered, reasoning was not of the moment and she tried to calm herself. Finding it difficult to stop the trembling in her legs she paced the room. Trying the door and finding it secure. Turning she moved back to the room and finally gave in to her need to sit.

Moving to the nearest stool she sat on its edge and forced her hands not to fidget with here gown. Rising she moved to what she thought was a balcony but saw nothing but the living shadows that surrounded the room. Turning in frustration she refused to cry, she was going to face this monster no matter what.

She thought about this man who would claim to be the God of the underworld. His profile was definitely Roman with his aquiline nose and pronounced cheekbones. His eyes held no soul to them, they were as dark as his dark brown hair that was curled and cut to accent the strong line of his neck and chin. He would have been far more attractive if he had not been so arrogant and demanding.

Movement by the door alerted her to the fact that she was no longer alone and she stood from her stool and faced the door. Baal stood devoid of his centurions' cape. He wore a tunic of white with gold braiding around the hem. He smiled and she saw no humor in his eyes or that smile. "Ahh my pet, I see they have you dressed in a gown more suited to your beauty."

He moved towards her and she forced herself not to try and back away, she was not going to show any weakness in his presence. So she stood her ground and faced him with open defiance. "I find you quite fascinating my dear. Had it not been for my son, I would have never known you existed."

She watched him circle her and approach her from behind pressing close to her body, his arms encircling her waist and his hand coming to rest over her stomach. "To think you might have gone unnoticed by me distresses me." His breath was against her neck as his hands moved to take liberties with her charms she locked her arms close to her body to stop his forward advance to her breasts.

"Shy, and modest, how quaint. You surely must realize that my intentions are to explore who you are and what you are before I give you to my son; who requested you as his eternal mate."

Vicki stiffened, "Just who is your son to whom you keep referring?"

He planted feathery light kisses up her neckline to her ear and he whispered, "You knew him as Sorin, assassin to Vlad Tepes, I have made him Baalescu, which means son of Baal."