Chapter 2

He gracefully strode over to my right side and sat down. 

"Lilly" he said calling to get my attention.

I had put my sunglasses and i-pod back on hoping to get through lunch with some nerves left in tacked. There was something about him that made my nerves stand on end. Maybe it's the fact that he could pssibly be my real creator or the that fact my body is telling me to run.

He knew i could here him even with the volume up on my i-pod. His face seemed very open and kind but we were vampires after all and for those of us who have been around humans long enough have gotten the human facial expressions down. 

But i sat there pretending i didnt hear him.

"Damon she has heard i-pod on....She's being anti social today because she's not feeling well. If you want her attention wave at her or something." Catie said watching the exchange go down. If she only knew........

Damon slowly, as if to show no intention of harm, raised his hand and gently took out my right head phone. He leaned half way into me and the hand that had my head phone was now coming to the left side of my face to make my face him.

Everyone at the table abruptly shut their mouths to watch the scene play out. The moment his hand made contact was when i felt the electricity pass through between us. I had never felt that kind of intencity even with my boyfriend.

I sat there frozen not quite sure what to do. He doesn't seem to want to hurt me let alone leave witnesses or have to kill everyone in a room in case he did do something. No, if he wanted to hurt me he will do it after school somewhere where no witness's will be a problem.

Next thing i know i feel him lean in and bring his face to the right of side of my face i felt his lips at my ear telling me "We need to talk Lilly" in a whisper so low that i barely could her it.  When i felt his lips brush at my ear i almost practically jumped out of my skin, not from fear but from pleasure. 

"When and where?" I asked putting as much confidence into the whisper as i could but i still think i failed at it. 

"Directly after school, in front of your car. I'm sure being in a public place will ease your nerves a bit." 

"I can't. I have to immediately meet my boyfriend after school. Can we meet after that and i can bring him as well." I said thinking it might be better to have some type of back up thats not human.

"I would rather do this alone. If you need to meet your boyfriend then we can do it after that but it needs to be just you and me" he stated still in whispers.

By now, the group was still hushed and could not look away, even if they wanted too. To the outside, this would probably seem like an intimate moment or people hooking up but they would be so wrong.

"Why can't I bring anyone? Are you wanting to hurt me?" i said panic rising in my voice.

"Not at all. I just can't explain it at all let alone here with everyone listening and watchin,. but i do need to tell you the truth about what happened when you were turned and the reason why you are special and i know for a fact that your boyfriend doesn't know that your special." he said brushing a lock of hair back on the left side of my face.

I felt my mouth slightly open at this. How does he know what i can do and what about when i was turned. Now i definately needed answers. It looks like i was going to have to play ball by his terms which i was reluctant to do. 

"Where and when then" i asked feeling nervous. 

"Your house.....say 8 o'clock then."

"I dont think so....." I stated  I did not want this vampire knowing where I lived. He knew too much already and it was about time we were on even ground.