De-aged Part III

Meanwhile, in the middle of two floors...

Sydney crawled through the vents at a quick speed, checking every corner for any sign of a rather small person. She had left Thor with Tom, who had been sent to put Thor with the others in the main living room.

Why was I stuck with this job? She wondered as she continued to search. Why couldn't Jenni just send a blast of air through all the vents and blow them out? She let out a giggle imagining toddlers literally flying out of the vents in the walls.

She stopped when she heard a small giggle. It was much smaller and a little more high-pitched then hers though. Thinking of it as the vents' echo, she continued down the metal floor. When the same giggle happened again she completely stopped.

Before she knew it, a small toddler with bright red hair had zoomed out in front of her. The small child only stopped a second to look at Sydney before ripping down the vent to the right.

"Hey! Wait!" Sydney yelled out effortlessly. She followed the toddler, who she presumed to be Natasha, down the vent. She caught up slightly, but soon lost her after Natasha had weaved through several more vents. Sydney cursed under her breath pounding a fist on the metal wall. She continued down the vent without another thought.

_______________________________________________________________________

I had my head in my hands as four of the six toddlers entertained themselves around the large living room. After Tom had come back with Thor he had left to go help out Sydney in the vents, so I was stuck babysitting.

Not long after Tom left, Bruce had waddled in with a rather large book in his hands and sat down in a seat near the window. I was greatly relieved to know at least one of them wouldn't be too much trouble.

Meanwhile, there was a mini-Tony watching some action movie, a mini-Clint hanging from the ceiling, and a mini-Thor once again stuffing himself with several treats. It took all my willpower not to bang my head against the table repeatedly.

On the positive side, at least I wasn't tied to a chair and being pushed across the floor like before.

Next thing I knew, the movie was over and mini-Tony was suddenly bored again. He looked over at mini-Clint and then to me and a devilish smirk grew on his face. Mini-Clint had probably caught his gaze because he landed on the couch.

I was totally screwed. Where were Sydney and Tom?

_______________________________________________________________________

Tom and Sydney had met up once again after each successfully finding a toddler each. Tom had to hold in his laugh as he saw the condition Sydney was in.

Her hair was sticking up on one side and slicked with something that looked like oil. There were a few scratches on her arm that were most likely from mini-Natasha's nails. When Sydney saw Tom's reaction, she sent him a glare and he put on a poker face. As soon as she turned away, the silent laughter came out in long and short breaths.

They both headed back to the living room, but when they saw what was in front of them it was Sydney having to hold back her laughs.

_______________________________________________________________________

In a very short amount of time it took Sydney and Tom to return back to the living room I had been used as target practice for food throwing. It had not been helpful that the kitchen was connected to the living room. Even Thor had joined in as he threw sweets at me from his area of the room.

Long story short, I was now covered in juice from fruits, leftover pizza, a lot of flour, and whatever else the mini-devils could reach with their height limit.

Much different to the toddlers, Sydney, and Tom-- I was not amused.

I was done. I had been done for a while, actually, but I couldn't act upon my 'doneness' because there was no one else to hand off the toddlers to. After seeing Sydney and Tom, I finally had my escape route.

"Alright! I'm done," I announced throwing my hands up in the air. I walked over to Sydney and saw her appearance and had to keep in my laugh. "I'm off to the lab! No one should disturb me! I am going to fix this damn machine and get this over with!" With that I stomped out of the room, leaving Sydney and Tom to endure hell while I was gone.

._______. .____________. .___________. .______________. .____________. .__________.

Hi?

Thanks for reading?

You are all wonderful.

~Hammy the Hamster