Ch 5

Fogstripe padded through camp, every cat he passed lifted their heads and stared at him. Why are they looking at me like that? He thought. He quickened his pace to a trot, but didn't move a whisker. He stopped, panting hard. He looked around, the cats stared at him with pure horror. He shook his head to rid the stares.

He opened his eyes and stared at his paws, which were surounded by a pool of blood. He looked at his pelt, it was soaked in blood.

Fogstripe shot up in his nest breathing heavily. skunkstripe sat up. "What is it?" He asked looking conserned.

"Nothing just a bad dream." he replied

"Ok.....wow your eyes are glowing brightly." Skunkstripe gasped.

Fogstripe got to his paws. "I'm going on a walk." Fogstripe meowed and padded away not waiting for a him to respond.

He padded into the forest, his pelt still felt sticky and warm, almost like the blood was still there. The snow had melted and the earth was moist. he padded to the river and started to pad in but stopped and stared at his reflection. His eyes glowed so vividly, that he thought he was looking at the harsh glow from the eyes of a monster on the thunderpath. "Why are they glowing?" He whispered.

"Do not be alarmed, it is power that surges through your veins." Bluestars voice whispered in his ear.

Fogstripe padded into the river, the icy water washing the stickiness out of his pelt. He swam deeper, and ducked under the water. He surfaced before padding onto the shore.

He shook the water from his pelt and breathed deeply.

Time skip......

Fogstripe settled back into his nest, falling back asleep.

"Darkclan!!" He heard Featherwind yowl.

His eyes shot open. He got to his paw and rushed out of the den, to see the whole camp filled with fighting cats. He leaped onto the nearest tom, throwing him to the ground with a blow of his heavy paw.

The tom got to his paws and ran toward him. Fogstripe side stepped and raked his claws acrossed his flank. The tom yowled in pain, and spun around. Fogstripe growled deeply and lashed out, slahing his opponets nose. The tom stumbled backwards and disapeard into the crowd.

Fogstripe pulled a she cat off of pantherstar. "Leave him alone!" Fogstripe looked up and spotted sparrowkit standing between a large tom and blackkit.