Chapter Thirty One

[Emily'sPov]:

"What...?" Could it be? Is it really him?

"I've missed you..." I stay quiet, not knowing what to say. I'm still in shock. He's supposed to be dead... So mom lied to me? Why did she lie to me? Was it something that bad? Did he do something bad? "I have to go now... I'm so proud of how far you've gotten with your art work. Here's my number if you want to call me so we can catch up," he tells me handing me a piece of paper with his number on it. He walks out of the art exhibit and everyone is quiet. I'm standing here, not saying a word.

"Emily-" Sandra starts.

"Can we leave please?"

"You don't want to sell your other paintings?"

"No. I want to leave."

"Oh okay... I'll see you later?"

"Yea," I tell her while I grab my projects and leave. Everyone follows behind me.

"I'll call you later Emily," Rachel tells me and gets in the car with James.

"You wanna come home with us?" Blake asks. And I nod.

"I'll see you later Emi, be safe," Peter tells me while hugging me. He kisses my head and gets in his car.

************************************************************************

We are in Blake's room cuddled up in his bed. No one has said a word yet. He's playing with my hair and the other guys are in the living room.

A lot of thoughts are running through my head. I don't know why mom didn't tell me the truth about dad. Why did she? Was it to keep me safe? I wish she was here... I remember the day she told me he disappeared as if it was yesterday...

~12 years ago~

The TV: "In the city of Townsville-"

"Time for a TV break."

"Mom, I just had one!"

"We need to talk..."

"About what?"

"Your father."

"I know. He's out of town for a conference. You already told me." "No, no, not that," she takes a deep breath, "He's gone."

"I know."

"Not like that. The reason why he's been gone this whole time is because he went missing..."

"No..."

"Yes... And they found him... Dead..."

"He's not dead."

"Yes he is Emily. They found his body this morning."

"But that doesn't make any sense!"

"I'm sorry Emily..."

"I was just on the phone with him yesterday!"

"You were dreaming."

"No I wasn't mommy! He called the house and I answered!"

"That was a dream, Emily. He's dead."

"No mommy..."

~Today~

Now it makes sense... But why did she lie to me? I don't get it... Was it to protect me or was there another reason behind it?

"You wanna talk?" Blake asks.

"Why did she tell me he was dead?"

"I don't know... Maybe to protect you?"

"What could he have done that was so bad?"