Chapter Five

-CHAPTER FIVE-

[Emily'sPOV]:

"These look great!" Sandra says looking at the paintings me and Blake brought. "I don't know which one to choose! I'll show them to the owner and let her choose," she says smiling. I can't believe one of my pieces is going to be in this art exhibit! I'm just so excited to see what people think of my art! I hope they like it....

"So who's this?" She asks even though I know she knows who he is.

"This is Blake."

"Oh nice to meet you. I'm Sandra," she says and he smiles.

"Hi." He's really quiet... And it's weird... It almost looks like he's shy!

"I wanna show you something," I tell him, "Come on." I start walking towards the ocean part, where I'm always at. I look to see his facial expression and he's just shocked.

"Cool right?"

"Yes! How did they do that with the walls! And the benches look like there's water in them!"

"Blake, there is water in them..."

"Oh... Hahaha well it looks cool!" I laugh and sit down. He sits down next to me.

"Why were you so quiet over there with Sandra?" I asks curiously.

"I'm kind of shy..."

"Really? No you're not!"

"Yea I am!"

"You weren't shy when we met at the park!"

"That was different," he smiles. And I smile back.

"This is usually where I'm at all day."

"I thought you were homeschooled?"

"Oh Sandra is my tutor! Haha! She teaches me while I'm here... But my dad is thinking of putting me into public school... And my stepbrother is public schooled so we might go to the same school..."

"Oh you're dangerous brother?" He teases.

"That's not funny! He's seriously horrible!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes really!"

"How?"

"Well..." I don't want to tell Blake about my brother, he'll want to break up with me! And we just got together! "He likes to... Be violent..."

"How?"

"He just does bad things..."

"Oh I see..."

"Come on. I wanna show you something," I tell him getting up, taking him by the hand and he follows.

I take him to the wall where my painting is at.

"Look," I tell him pointing.

"Whoa! You did this?"

"I'm not done yet, but yea I did this."

"Isn't it illegal?" He looks at me. And I just smile as if that answers his question. "Emily!"

"I'm just expressing myself!"

"Have you ever gotten caught?"

"Yea... Yesterday... Before I met you at the park..."

"And you say your brother does bad things," he teases, "Is that the only time you got caught?"

"Sure," I wink.

"Why won't you tell me?" He asks as I'm pulling out my paint brushes. "Emily! Are you going to start working on this? What if we get caught?" I just laugh at him. He's so cute. "Who am I kidding? Just do it."

"Trust me, this isn't bad. The police take things way too seriously," I tell him. Then I start to whisper, "They think I'm sending subliminal messages on the wall or something..."

He starts laughing. "It doesn't even look bad!"

"I know! The police think so though." He starts laughing again. He holds some paint brushes and paint cans for me as I'm painting the wall.

[Peter'sPOV]:

I'm heading home riding my bike. Then I see some girl with some guy. It looks like they're vandalizing the wall... Wait... Is that Emily? Who's the guy? I take out my phone and try to get a picture. As she turns, Snap! I got her face in the picture and I keep riding along.

[Emily'sPOV]:

"What was that?" I ask.

"What was what?"

"I saw a flash. Was that the police?"

"I saw it too, I thought that was only my eyes playing with me... I don't think it was the police though. I think a car just passed bye or something."

"Oh okay," I say and continue painting.