In the Crowd

“Are you ready?” I heard a voice say behind me. I looked up in the mirror in front of me to see Dan standing in the doorway. I flicked my mascara, “I’m just finishing up.” I said smiling. “Okay. Well we want to get there a bit early.” he said and walked out of the room. He told me that he had a surprise for me, and that I should get ready to go out but to wear something comfortable. I had no idea what he was planning. Normally he didn’t keep secrets from me. Phil was out with his friends today so I couldn’t ask him what Dan was planning. I looked again in the mirror and fixed my hair a bit. I looked alright. I thought and walked to the lounge where Dan was waiting. “I’m ready. Are you going to tell me where we are going?” I asked. He smiled and shook his head. “Nope, you’re just going to have to trust me.” he said grabbing his studded bag throwing it over his shoulder as he got up. “Oh Alright.” I said and he held out his hand for me to hold and he lead me down the stairs to the front door.

“Where are we going Dan?” I asked as we were on the bus. “Well I decided since I’ve been quite busy lately with my videos and the radio show, I decided to take a break for a night and take you on a date.” He smiled looking at me. I looked up at him, well okay what kind of date... I wondered. Normally he would tell me if we were going to dinner or something but this seemed really different. He kissed me on the cheek. “You’ll like it I promise.” he said. “Uh, Okay.” I said. I looked out of the window for clues of where we were going. It was just busy London, crowded pavements. “Ah, Here.” Dan said and stopped the bus. Offering my hand to help me off. “Okay now I’m just confused.” I said as I looked around to a large crowd of people walking around us. He grinned and pulled an envelope out of his bag. “Look what I have.” He said as he pulled two tickets to a concert from the envelope. My jaw dropped. This had been sold out for weeks and he knew how disappointed I was that I wasn’t able to get the tickets in time. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?” I said freaking out on him. “Yup. I bought them months ago when you mentioned it.” he said smiling at me. I jumped and hugged him. “Oh my god.” I said and gave him a huge kiss. “I didn’t even realize it was this week! I was so upset when they sold out that I just kept myself busy not to think about it.” He smiled and kissed my cheek. “Well I’m glad you’re happy about it.” he said and laughed. “HAPPY? I’M ECSTATIC.” I said. I couldn’t believe it, he got my favorite band’s tickets and we were going to see them LIVE TONIGHT.

Dan walked with me as we got our tickets checked and went to find a place in the crowd. The lights were bright above us. When the band came on the stage the crowd roared. Dan and I cheered. We jumped to the music was loud, we raised our hands up reaching for the sky. We swayed when the music was just right. The crowd pulsed, the music was in the air. It was breathtaking. Everyone was enjoying the music. We sang the lyrics with the crowd, the band played and they shouted. There was an amazing energy with everyone. Dan took my hand in his and smiled down at me as many different coloured lights shined on his face. I smiled up at him holding his hand.”Thank you.” I mouthed and he smiled. We danced together and let the music take us away.

When the concert was over Dan and I headed out. “Did you have a good time?” he asked me. I looked up at him and nodded. “This has been one of the best nights of my life.” I said smiling up at him. “Thank you.” I said. He smiled and looked down at me and kissed my cheek, “No problem. I know that we don’t go on dates all of the time because I’m busy quite often but I thought I would do something special for you.” he said. I stopped him and hugged him, “This has been one of the best days of my life, Thank you Dan.” he smiled, “No problem, I just love to see you happy.”