Chapter Two

'She is so clumsy, all she does is trip over! Her own feet, the cat, sometimes the air,'

The sound of laughing cascades around me. I love laughter, I think it's the most beautiful sound in the world.

Panic starts to fill my body as I realise all I can see is black. Please don't let me be dead, dear lord I beg of you, please.

'Hey, hey Ava,'

My eyes flutter open to be greeted to the blonde fluffball of hair that belongs to Grace.

'God Ava, what are you like! How many times has this happened now?'

I scrunch my nose up, confusion evident on my face,

'Wait what do you mean?'

'You slipped on the roof, luckily Harry here was checking out the view and found you just lying there,'

Harry.

I felt a wave of nausea come over me as I turned towards the man sat at my dining room table. His long legs stretched out in front of him, one arm lounging across another chair. A smirk etched upon his chiselled complexion.

'You were out of it, I had to carry you down the stairs, nearly banged your head a couple of times, apologies for that,' he smiled looking towards Grace, who was in some kind of giggling fit, and then back to me.

His gaze hardened and his grip on the chair tightened, 'Gotta be more careful huh Ava,' he slowly stood up 'Anyone could have found you knocked out like that, scary thought.'

I pushed myself up from the sofa, a pounding quietly nagging at the back of my head, 'Yeah well I didn't ask you to be my knight in shining armour but thank you all the same,' I tugged at my jumper anxiously, 'now If you don't mind me and my flatmate have something we need to do'

'Ava come on don't be so rude,'

You know Grace's politeness really gets on my nerves sometimes, I mean don't get me wrong it's a lovely quality to have, and I too am polite, in some aspects, but Grace always takes it one step too far.

Come on Ava, listen to your friend, don't be so rude.

I shot my eyes up to meet Harry's frown which was fixed upon me.

God I must of really hit my head hard if I'm hearing this lunatic's voice in my head.

I prefer crazy as opposed to lunatic, gives myself a bit of an edge don't you think?

My eyes, never leaving Harry's, now wide with fear scanned his body trying to figure out what the hell Grace had let into out apartment.

Ava, what did your mother tell you about being polite? Be polite to all,

'but intimate with few.'

'Pardon?' I looked up to be greeted with Grace's puzzled eyes.

'Nothing Grace I'm heading in the shower, nice to meet you Harry,' I headed towards my room

Ouch, try make the sarcasm less evident, you hurt my feelings.

Fuck your feelings I thought, and slammed the door behind me.

Sorry guys that it's only short but I've only just came back to this story. I'm going to try to update more regularly. Thank you for your kind comments x Abi