Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Aviana's POV

Previously:

Mariah and Jeff both had taken off work the next day because Star and I were coming today and we could all get to know each other and get things settled.

The day had wore me out causing me to go to bed early. Star didn't wake up till later in the middle of the night so Jeff didn't get to meet her yet.

Overall today had been good, except my parents house, and I was glad to have Mariah.

In bed all I could think about was my friends. I still needed to talk to Mariah about them and the coma, but that could wait till tomorrow. With that thought in mind I fell asleep.

Now:

The next morning I was up early because Star started crying at 6 something. She then finally went back to sleep around 7.

Mariah and Jeff were still sleeping so I decided to make them breakfast to say thank you for taking me and Star in.

I searched around the kitchen to find something to make them. I found some pancake mix in one of the cupboards and some bacon in the fridge. I made the bacon first, I hate making bacon because of how it pops and sizzles but it taste good so I'm making it anyway.

Once I had the bacon made and put on a plate in the microwave to keep it warm, I started making the pancakes. I made the mix and then poured the batter into the same pan I used for the bacon. I had seen or heard somewhere that bacon grease taste good when you use it to cook with pancakes and frenchtoast.

As I was finishing up, Star started crying upstairs. I didn't want to leave the food cooking so I tried to hurry up and finish before she started screaming.

I finished a few minutes later. I put all the food in the microwave and walked upstairs to Star's room. She was sitting up in her bed looking at me, waiting for me. She stopped crying when I walked in her room.

"Good morning, baby." I said picking her up and giving her a hug. She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck to hug me back.

"Mama." Was all she said.

"You wanna come with me to finish making breakfast and then wake up Mariah and Jeff for breakfast?" I asked her, pulling her body away from mine. I knew she would understand what I was saying but that she couldn't respond in full sentences yet.

She nodded happily and we went back to the kitchen. I got the food out of the microwave and put it on the table. I gave Star the plastic plates and cups to take to the table. Then we got orange juice from the fridge to finish setting the table.

"You ready to go wake them up?" I asked her.

She just took off up the stairs, taking that as a yes I followed her. When I reached her she was standing in front of their bedroom door looking back at me in a questioning manner.

"When I knock on the door and they open the door you say 'breakfast' okay?" I whispered to Star when I got up to her.

She nodded again and looked straight at the door.

I knocked twice and then waited. I heard movement and then the door was pulled open by Mariah.

Star didn't waste a second, as soon as the door was open she said "Breakfast!" and then put her arms up to me to be picked up.