Chapter 19: Jack Herring

Jack stood at the door of the depot, waiting. He checked his watch. He's late. He gripped the pistol which was lodged in his back pocket. The tension in his mind was tugging away at his nerves. He began to a sweat a little, the moisture stung his dry, crumpled skin. It was coming on six AM, the tightness in Jacks chest made him feel like he was about to pass out. He text his man to come and finish the job in about two hours, Jack had a schedule and he had to stick to it, otherwise the price would mighty. That's when he came around the corner, exactly as Jack thought he would. There's Apolinar, my main man! Jack tried to act casual and removed his hand from the pistol in his pocket and covered it with his trench coat, he tried to make it seem like he was occupied with someone on the phone and started to talk nonsense about train arrivals and fixing works etc. 

Apolinar passed by him and revealed his keys to open a small recreation room for the drivers in their lunch brakes. Jack's heart was pounding. He whipped the gun out of his pocket and swiftly turned around and shot Apolinar all in one movement. The bullet his Apolinar directly in the left lung. 
"You missed his heart you fool! Finish the job now!" the voice demanded. Jack realised that Apolinar didn't hear the voice he heard, he shrugged it off and walked slowly towards the bleeding man. Apolinar's mouth was filled with blood so he gargled every time he screamed for help. Jack watched as the man kicked and pushed himself up against the white quartz wall. His dying eyes pleading. Apolinar grabbed the open wound and his throat at the same time. Jack put the gun to Apolinar's head and Apolinar closed his eyes. Jack looked him dead in the face as he pulled the trigger and ended Apolinar's life.
"That's one more piece of vermin wiped off the face of the Earth" the voice said with a pleased tone.
"You said you would leave once I did this" Jack stated
"Oh no, Tom, I said I was leave when I was satisfied" the voice hissed
"That's not my name!" Jack yelled as he turned the gun on himself. 
"You don't have the guts to kill us" the voice laughed
"I'm not killing us! You're not me!" 
"Oh but I am, you just haven't had the knowledge to see it"
"Shut up! You are NOT me!" 
"Don't you DARE, I'm more you than yourself!" 
"No, you're not!" Jack screamed as he pulled the gun away. The voice and himself argued for hours until it was time for the clean up job.

"Well done! Our cleaning guy knows we argue!" Jack murmured. He left as soon as his guy arrived. He was in a leather Mafia jacket, carrying some petrol in a jerry can and a lighter. Jack left as soon as his cleaner was putting down the petrol. He had sped off in his hatchback.