Chapter 6

|| My Love || Chapter 6 || POV: Edward ||

|| Time: 11:34 PM ||

Language Warning.

I was falling sleeping on the couch down in the living room. Bella kicked me out, and I deserved to be kicked out too. It was cold down here at night, especially when it was late September and the nights came faster. It was windy tonight too.

I was thinking about what was said earlier. Could I convince myself that Evelyn was dead? Could I even convince myself that my daughter is dead? I can't. I couldn't even come to the realization that Luke was dead at one point. I want her here, I want her alive, and I want this over. I want justice and I want Todd and Lyra in jail for good. I want my kids to live in a safe and happy environment, with no worries about getting hurt of kidnapped. I want Evelyn to feel safe with us, and for her to know she'll never be taken away again.

I heard footsteps while I was about to sleep and I didn't bother to look. I heard them coming closer to me and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I groaned, not wanting to deal with her right now.

"What, Bella?" I say after the second time I was touched.

She walked over and sat in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. You know, just freezing half to death." I rolled my eyes and looked away from her. "What do you want?"

"I wanna try to find her." She whispered.

"No. You and I are staying here. There's no way we're leaving—especially tonight." I turned around and moved, making my back face her.

"Why not? I mean, she could be out there and alive."

Is she crazy? I turned around to face her. "And what if she's not? What if by going out there, both of us die? What about Luke? And what if Evelyn was alive and we died trying to save her? She would be a wreck and she would never be the same again. And if you're going to leave, and if something happened to you," I looked into her eyes, sadness written on her face. "I don't know what I would do with myself. So you better go back upstairs and sleep." She stared at me for a while and she walked to the door, grabbed her coat, slipped on her boots and left. I heard the car starting. Is she fucking stupid? I rolled my eyes and went to sleep.

|| Time: 8:48 AM ||

I woke up to someone shaking my arm. When I looked, it was Alice holding Luke. Luke was crying, his face was red. I groaned and sat up, taking him into my arms. Alice walked away without a word and I looked at Luke. I was so tired..

"Hey.. buddy." I say to him, rocking him. "Miss your mother?" I yawned. He grabbed my shirt, and I realized he was slipping out of my arms. "Oops." I adjusted him in my arms and he sighed and rested his head on my shoulder. I kissed his head and rocked him. "Let's just go back to sleep." I whispered to him. He whimpered and started to cry again. "God dammit, Luke." I groaned and looked at the time. Almost 9 o'clock. Where the hell was Bella? I got up and went to the kitchen, filling a bottle with formula and while I shook the bottle, I looked at him and he back looks at me. I could feel the sadness just by looking into his eyes. I kissed his head and he sighs. "Hey, it'll get better soon. Just you wait – there's hope." I pat his head and fed him the bottle. He put his hands on it and I went back to the living room and sat on the couch.

|| Time: 5:32 PM ||

I was still on the couch, recovering from an awful headache, and I heard the car pull up. I looked as the door opened and Bella came inside. She sat on the sofa across the living room area and she stared at her feet.