I Don't Need My Arms!

"I don't need my arms, thats what my son is for." -Tobuscus, Get Bloody

So what, its okay to just dump all the responsibility of adulthood onto your son simply because you no longer have the use of your arms? 

How did you lose them anyway? 

Were you being foolish or was it the result of a medical condition? 

It should be noted, though, that it would be lovely to know someone whose arms had rotted off. 

That would be interesting and a sure fire conversation starter. 

What would not be interesting would be to hear that your arms were lost as a result of having them falling asleep and never waking up again.

I mean, that would be interesting and I'm sure that a conversation could be struck with that as the topic of interest but that is not the point. 

The point, that I have stumbled away from, is that no matter the cause forcing all your responsibilities on your son is simply not to be had. 

Unless, of course, the son is no longer a boy but a man and he was given the choice of caring for the armless person and not simply strong-armed into it. 

This is all taking into consideration that not needing ones arms means that they have no arms and not that they are simply holding too many items, or some such occurrence, and their son is simply lending a helping hand by holding open doors or something. 

If that is the case the afore mentioned opinion on the subject is rendered moot. 

Except for the fact that having arm rot would make for a wonderful conversational piece. 

That statement holds true.