3. So close...

After almost a whole night of watching chick flicks, talking girly crap, and sharing secrets, Joy and I finally passed out on the living room couches. I will admit, I had a good time being a normal member of the female population. It just wasn't something I was too used to. Mom and I hung out every once in a while, but besides that, the only times she'd hang out with me is to take her anger out on me. She'll either drink herself to sleep and complain all night, or take it out on me. When she's just hanging out at home, she'll always have an alcoholic beverage of some sort.

When Joy and I are both awake and agree to actually get up, we eat cold, leftover pizza from last night for breakfast. Delicious. Not. I don't want to be rude, so I try to eat it as fast as I can just to get it over with. Practically gagging on the last bite.

"So, Rhea, what do you want to do on this fine Saturday?" Joy asks out of nowhere.

"Hm. What about the library?" I reply.

"Jesus. I'm sure that the librarian doesn't even want to spend her Saturday at the library!"

"Sorry," I start, "I just like the library, and the ladies who run that library are very fond of it."

"I want to go to the outlet today. It's nice out, today." She says.

     I let out a loud groan "fine."

"Yay!"

~+~

"I cannot believe that I agreed to let you drag me here."

"Believe it."

     I, so far have been dragged through a large outlet mall and gotten absolutely nothing. Joy, on the other hand, is carrying at least six bags from about four different stores from only one out of the four lots that we have to go through!

"Joy, I need a break. Can I just sit at this bench here and wait until you're done? You can call me when you want to leave."

     She stops and thinks for a second. "Okay, I guess it's only fair." As she walks away she shouts, "don't get raped!" I chuckle at how she can just shout that in front of at least five children passing by.

~+~

     After an hour of me sitting here and playing on my phone, somebody sits next to me. But no, not just somebody, but that's right kids, Eli fucking collins is right fucking next to me. What should I do? I'm so awkward that I'd surely say something stupid, right in front of him. Does he even want to talk to me or just sit on-

"Hello, there. I don't know your name, but your face rings a bell," he suddenly says.

This is not good. What do I say? "Hi! I think you're incredibly hot and I want to rip your shirt off and throw myself at you! Oh! And I've had the biggest crush on you since the fifth grade." Why would anybody say that? I don't just want to give him a subtle, "Hi." I actually want him to talk to me and not go, "Okie-dokie, bye." and walk away. I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when "Hello? Anyone in that head of yours?"

"Yeah... there is someone in here," I said gesturing to my head. "I'm Rhea."

     Why am I so goddamn stupid?

"Right! That's your name. Sorry, I'm not good with names."

Awesome. He didn't even know my name. God knows why he would even talk to me. But, I obviously wouldn't miss the chance to talk to him.

"Yeah, you and about half of the school. It's fine though."

     Not.