2. I'll call you panda

My mom  was yelling at me again. It was no surprise. But it's okay. I saw the realization in her eyes after about ten minutes of straight up yelling. She made me cry, but cradled me and told me a truthful sorry. I'm seriously not one of those girls who only see the good in someone, trust me, I can see the bad in someone too, but my mom is in a bad place, mentally. She needs more time. depression doesn't get better after a couple of days. It took months to shake her out of it even with therapists.

After my mom tells me how much she loves me, she tells me to take a shower to wash the tears off my face. I take a long shower to let the warm water run down my back and through my hair.

Right as I turn of the water, I hear my knocking on the bathroom door. "yes?" I yell from behind the shower curtain. " Rhea, I'm off to Seattle, you're still going to stay at Joy's, right?" my mom asks. "Yes, I am, mom. Love you, bye." I reply. "Alright then, Love you. Be good" She says as I finish drying off.

     As I slip on some ripped skinny jeans and a band tee, I decide to go to the library today. I actually like books a lot. As I walk out of my room, I slip a hat on my head backwards and grab my black drawstring bag. I slip out the front door after locking it from the inside, and start walking.

  Not really, I have a car, my mom's very wealthy, she owns a huge branch of a company by the name of Phorean. Phorean co. makes some of the nicest products from exercise machines, to kitchen utensils, to home decor and furnishing. Phorean is very popular right now, due to its very modern style. which is why mom is doing good with work right now and could get me a car for my seventeenth birthday. She even pays for the gas sometimes.

     It felt like such a good day to be at the library, I could spend the rest of my evening there.

"Why, my my my hello, Rhea! You haven't been here for-how long?" Mrs. Finnegan, one of the lovely ladies who run this library scolded me.

"Sorry, Mrs. Finnegan. I've been really busy with work and school, you know?"

"Sweetheart, trust me, I know the feeling." She laughed.

"Now, go on, find yourself something to read, bookworm!" she laughed again.

***

After a whole hour of searching the whole first and second floors, I simply decided to read my favorite book, flipped, by Wendelin Van Draanen. I seriously love this book because who doesn't like puppy love? It's really sweet.

I take a seat at a little corner in the part of the library that nobody goes to because it's the part of the library that has nothing but empty shelves. This used to be where the documentaries and audio books were, but nobody ever went to this part of the library because they were all old tapes of even older books or something that some historian just dropped off because they didn't need it. They've been trying to do something with this old room, but nobody got to it. I eventually found this about two years ago and thought it was a nice, quiet place to read.

I was just about to open up my book when,

" Ha. I see you also like reading here. I'm Cane-like bamboo! Pandas eat bamboo. I like pandas- god, I love that band, did you get that shirt at-"

I cut him off with my laugh. I found it funny how he could ramble like that.

" I think I'll call you panda. Bamboo isn't cane, by the way, I love this band too." I replied as I looked down at my tee with The 1975 on it.

"I'm sorry, I just talk a lot and it's something I've always done. This one time in junior year, the teacher made me answer a question in math and- "

A phone ringing is what cut him off. It was his phone. He glanced at the screen and answered it. He mouthed 'sorry' and answered it.

"Hi, mom"

Is all I heard before I walked off. I didn't want to invade on his personal life, because that would be rude. So I checked out my book, then I left the library.

     Cane seemed pretty cool if you ask me, his hair was dyed a really light blue to where it was almost white, and he was really tall, maybe around 6 foot. Even though it was summer, he wore black skinny jeans and a black sweater. You need balls to wear that in the summer. I guess that he tended to ramble a lot and he really likes to talk. It was a cool minute long conversation. I probably won't meet him again, though.

***

     When I got back to the house, I started packing some clothes into a random bag and set off to Joy's. When I got there, I used the secret knock and heard footsteps until Joy swung the door open.

"Yay! You're here! Oh my gosh, we are going to have so much fun! I rented that new Magic Mike movie!"

Oh no...

***

Cain's POV 11:30 AM

Just as I was about to sit in my corner spot in the empty part of the library, I spotted a girl there.

Damn, she's pretty. I swear to god, if this girl who stole my spot is a stubborn bitch who won't move-

"Ha. I see you also like reading here. I'm Cane- like bamboo! Pandas eat bamboo. I like pandas-", her laugh is what cut me off. It all escaped my mouth before I could even think.

" I think I'll call you panda. Bamboo isn't cane by the way..." She said.

Her voice was so soft, she seemed so fragile. She was really short looking too. Maybe she'd look taller when she stood up.

I was so wrong. The damn girl stood up and was about up to the middle of my chest! She was probably only five foot tall! It was actually kind of cute in a way.

I apologized and almost could've gone on for hours rambling about random things, until my phone rang.

Fuck

I dug in my pocket for my phone and stepped away from the girl.

" Hi mom, do you need anything?"

"Yes-when are you going to be home tonight?"

"Soon, why?

" I need you to stop by somewhere and grab some Advil, your father has a hangover again and we don't have anymore pain medication."

"Okay, mom. Love you, bye."

"Thank you, Cane, I love you too. Bye-bye."

I turned around and the girl was gone.

Dammit

~+~

Author's Notes will now be in bold because it sets a difference.

What did you think of chapter two? :D
Again, feel free to criticize, because I am a newbie to all of this, and I will make mistakes, and lots of them too!
Question? Ask them!

With awesomeness,
Chace

~+~